Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Feb 6, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Outlook Express won't send
    hi I have outlook express and I can recive mail but when I try to send I get

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'account', Server: 'server.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have had this before for like a couple of minutes but I ha it yesterday an still have it today.
    also a loa of my colleages have it and they are on a different webserver to me with a different company.
    is this a server problem or setup? I have tried both mail.domain and domain an it won't work still. Thanks

Feb 6, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Hi I now worked out my isp blocks port 25. Is there anyway to get round this? All because some muppets can't upate there software and install antivirus software
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Hi,
    The Outgoing SMPT Port 25 is the same my ISP uses, and I have no problem with outgoing mail using Outlook Express.
    I did have to change my Outgoing Mail from original to something like:
    Pop.xxxxxxx.net
    The Incoming Mail didn't change, under Tools, Accounts, Servers tab.
    This is something that took me almost a month, with constant calling the ISP HelpDesk.
    It's something that your ISP will have to work out with you. Apparently, your ISP has changed it's mail program, requiring configuration changes in your computer's Outlook Express. Best of luck, and keep calling your ISP until they can give you good information on how to fix it.

Feb 6, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Thanks as I can always say I need to use internet and email that's what I signe up for. They just want me to use there cheap email not my own website one for they go and block 25. I have asked my hosting company if they have secure mail avalible 587? 582 I think its one of them as that will be more quick than waiting lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

Outlook won't send via Wireless [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am having a problem with outlook. I have it set up to receive and send my emails through my Yahoo account and my wanadoo account. This has all been working fine. However I have recently subscribed to Wanadoo wireless and talk and so now have a wireless connection to the internet. Since...

E-Mail won't send through OUTLOOK [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hi everyone. This is my first ever posting so I hope I'm doing it right. I have had my internet connection for a little over two weeks now and seem to have spent 95% of my time online sorting out 'security' stuff. I have a few final things to tweak and would greatly appreciate anyone's help...

View more questions Search