Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missalicia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Any good recipes with pineapple as main ingredient?
    I'm just looking for a good recipe with pineapple being the main ingredient...

Thanks!:D
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 08:49 AM
    I make a tropical fruit salad with pineapple, and I put mostly pineapple because I love it! You can use any amounts of the fruits you like.

Fresh pineapple
    Fresh papaya
    Fresh mango
    Juice from 1 orange (more if needed)

Dice the pineapple, papaya and mango (like you were making salsa). Squeeze the juice from the orange over top and toss. No sugar needed!

This is great alone, over ice cream, or with shortcake and whipped cream. You could also add cilantro and onion to make a salsa and use it on chicken or fish.

Grilled pineapple is also great!
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 09:47 AM
    I don't think most people think of pineapple as part of a main dish

Many have a meat -- potatoes -- maybe a veggie

Veggies are more prominent but are more left to stews

Dole

Main Dish Recipes with Pineapple

Healthy Pineapple Recipes and Cooking Tips - Eating Well
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Grilled pineapple is to die for... Mmmmm
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Upside down pineapple cake

Yummy...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2008, 08:18 PM
    This is way better than it sounds

Hawaiian chicken

flour and brown chicken, (oniion, green pepper optional)

* 2 cups pineapple juice
    * 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    * 1/4 cup soy sauce
    * 2 tablespoons brown sugar

PREPARATION:
    In a bowl combine pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar; blend well. Using a fork, poke chicken breasts all over, about 6 or 7 times. Put chicken in the bowl with marinade, making sure it all pieces are coated.
    Add more pineapple juice if necessary to cover. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Discard marinade and grill or broil the chicken until cooked through.
    Serves 4 to 6.

pineapple Chicken Pineapple Oriental

1 pound chicken tenders, cut in 1 inch pieces
    2/3 cup pineapple preserves
    1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce plus 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
    2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
    1 tablespoon dried minced onion or 1 bunch fresh green onions, chopped
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon ginger
    dash cayenne or to taste
    1 10 ounce package sugar snap peas, thawed

Place chicken pieces in crockpot. Combine preserves, teriyaki sauce, garlic, onion, lemon juice, ginger and cayenne; stir well. Spoon over chicken, toss to coat. Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours. Add peas last 30 minutes. 4 servings.

pineapple Calypso Grilled Pineapple

1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup honey
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup dark rum
    1 pineapple, cut into 8 wedges and cored
    vanilla ice cream

To prepare sauce, combine Worcestershire, honey, butter, sugar and rum in 3 quart saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat; cool completely. Brush pineapple wedges with some of the sauce. Place pineapple on oiled grid. Grill over hot coals 5 minutes or until glazed, turning an basting often with sauce. Serve pineapple with ice cream and remaining sauce.

pineapple Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 cup packed brown sugar
    1 20 ounce can pineapple rings
    1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
    10 maraschino cherries
    1/2 cup ground pecans
    2/3 cup butter
    1 boxed yellow cake mix

Melt the butter and blend with the brown sugar, smooth into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, lightly sprayed with PAM. Arrange pineapple rings onto bottom of pan. Place a cherry in the center of the ring. Sprinkle with the pecans. Smooth the crushed pineapple over all. Make cake according to box. Spread batter over pineapple mixture. Bake at 350F for 40 to 60 minutes. Oven temperatures vary. Use pick test. When done immediately invert onto plate. Serve with whipped cream.

Grilled Flank Steak with Pineapple and Roasted Shallots

1 1/2 pounds flank steak
    1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
    1 cup crushed fresh pineapple
    1/2 cup sliced red onion
    1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 lime, thinly sliced
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    2 cloves garlic, minced fine
    2 teaspoon minced jalapeņo or to taste
    1 tablespoon mild chili powder
    a few drops Tabasco sauce
    1/2 cup beef broth
    6 whole shallots, roasted and shredded, up to 8

Be sure that the grill is properly preheated and that the rack has been cleaned. Trim any visible fat from the flank steak and place it in a shallow dish. Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the broth and roasted shallots. Turn the steak a few times to coat it evenly, then let it marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. When ready to grill, lightly rub the rods of the rack with a little vegetable oil and remove any excess with a clean cloth. Remove the steak from the marinade and scrape off any excess. Grill the steak on one side for about 6 to 7 minutes, then turn the steak and cook to the desired doneness. While the steak is grilling, transfer the marinade to a saucepan and bring it to a full boil. Add the broth and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste the sauce and add lime juice, Tabasco sauce or cilantro to taste if needed. Allow the steak to rest for about 10 minutes, then slice it thinly on an angle. Serve the steak topped with the sauce and sprinkle with the shallots. Makes 6 servings.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Mar 30, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Cheesy pineapple bake:16 oz. can pineapple chunks,1 tablespoon flour,4 oz.velveeta,1sleeve ritz crackers,half stick butter------ Drain juice into shallow baking dish,and put the flour into the dish as well,stir together but doesn't have to be mixed well,pour pineapple on top of mixture in baking dish,cut velveeta into cubes and drop on top of pineapple trying to cover all the pineapple,crumble the ritz crackers over the top of the velveeta,then cut slices of butter from a stick and drop over the ritz.Probably about 6 slices should do,maybe a half stick.bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.This can also be served as desert with ice cream,but is also great as a side dish.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Mar 30, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Haven't tried this yet but found it in one of our local newspapers. It comes from an Ozzie cookbook:

EASY PINEAPPLE CAKE

2 cups self raising flour
    1 cup sugar
    450g can crushed pineapple

Sift flour into mixing bowl and combine with sugar. Add pineapple and mix well. Pour into greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
    My mom always made a dessert in the summer that was just

1 cut up pineapple (or a can or two drained chopped pineapple)
    1 package cottage cheese
    1 package cool whip

Mix well, serve cold.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 03:38 PM
    pompano - I had forgotten about that recipe! My great aunt made it while visiting oh, about two years ago, and I LOVED it! It's sounds weird; pineapple and cheese, but it's really good! She made it with shredder cheddar, but I bet yours with the Velveeta would be creamier.

Time to write that one down before I forget about it again! :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Divinity Salad

1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained thoroughly and juice saved
    2 8-oz. bricks cream cheese, softened
    1 13-1/2-oz. Cool Whip
    1/2 c. chopped celery (optional)
    1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

If necessary, add enough water to pineapple juice to make 1 c. Pour that into a medium-sized pot and heat. Add and dissolve softened cream cheese. Stir energetically until a smooth mixture results. Cool.

Mix crushed pineapple with celery and nuts. Pour cooled cheese mixture over pineapple and blend. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into serving bowl or mold. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serves 6 to 8.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Give facts for the growth cycle of the pineapple plant. [ 6 Answers ]

Give facts for the growth cycle of the pineapple plant.

Any good Recipes for Atkins? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been trying to loose weight for about 4 years now and nothing has worked, I gained 30 pounds with my first child and then got pregnant 13 months later with my second child so I gained 32 lbs with her. So I am about 60 lbs overweight and So I decided to start the Atkins diet, and let me tell...

Good and bad main panels? [ 3 Answers ]

I need a new up grade 200amp main panel.. I see a lot of different brands on e bay .ect and in the store.. any one or ones I should stay away from?the best ones are? Ite... cutter hammer any good? I know q d is very good bur very exspensive also... hope I get a answer from ...

Pineapple seed [ 2 Answers ]

Does pineapple seed need any vernalization before planting? How long after pick it up from fruit I have to plant it?

View more questions Search