Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marie209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 06:51 AM
    What should I do!
    Ok I met this guy awhile ago. I only saw him once.We had a big misunderstanding which I never really cleared up with him. He had a girlfriend at the time. I heard they broke up about two weeks ago. At the time I really liked him and he really liked me. The story is so so long for me to explain but he thinks I did something to him which I didn't. My question is
    Should I contact and explain to him what really happened. It's sad to think that we never got a chance because of a silly misunderstanding. What should I do! Thank you
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 26, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marie209
    Ok I met this guy awhile ago. I only saw him once.We had a big misunderstanding which I never really cleared up with him. he had a girlfriend at the time. I heard they broke up about two weeks ago. At the time I really liked him and he really liked me. The story is so so long for me to explain but he thinks I did something to him which I didn't. My question is
    should I contact and explain to him what really happened. It's sad to think that we never got a chance because of a silly misunderstanding. What should I do! Thank you

IN MY OPINION... Don't waste your time if he really wanted to know he would have asked you and communicated with you instead of being childish and being upset.. Why do you have to go out of your way to explain yourself. If he liked you he would try talking... besides he just broke up with his girlfriend two weeks ago.. Don't pop up as if you were waiting for them to break up... even if you explain yourself with hopes his feelings are the same for you, and you pursue something, you would be a rebound.. I don't really know the whole story just commenting from what I gather..
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Darlin, do you really want a man that was willing to date you while still being in a relationship with someone else? You're worth more than that. Don't settle for a man that was cheating - that would be the foundation of your relationship. I'd hate for him to break your heart in the same way down the road...

I wish you the best of luck! :)
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 26, 2008, 09:42 AM
    I only saw him once. I really liked him and he really liked me.>> I think it takes more than just "ONCE" to even begin to toy with the idea we "really Like someone". You don't know each other at all...

Question is>>>
    Should I contact and explain to him what really happened. NO!

Your not only grasping at straws but your doing so with your hands in your pockets.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 04:32 PM
    It obviously is bothering you, but some things are best left alone, and forgotten about. No amount of explanation can change things, and from his actions, you just have to let it go.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 26, 2008, 04:54 PM
    I think that if you really have this burning desire to tell him something or explain yourself then go for it. (Personaly, If it were me, I wouldn't bother) But I would wait a little bit, he did just break up with his girlfriend and you don't want to make it seem like you were just waiting for the opportunity. He may think you have some sort of ulterior motive behind "wanting to explain yourself" Id be really careful because I get the impression from your post that you think that if you explain yourself that he will magicaly have these feelings right away and you two will live happily ever after. And that's living on false hope. So if that is your only motivation then I wouldn't do it, just leave it. You also have to be prepared for him to react negatively to you, explanation said and all. He may not want to hear what you have to say. Are you willing to risk your feelings if that should happen. Im just saying, think about it carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search