Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Merging 2 Excel files
    I've got a specialized Excel Form that we use to transcribe groups of records:

Here's an example:
    http://catholicrecordsociety.org/pro...olunteers.html
    (you need to have Macros Enabled)

You'll see that the Card Tab is for entering Records and the Spreadsheet is where they are recorded.

I'd like to merge several of these files into one Spreadsheet. Not finding MSHelp helpful.

How can I do this?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 07:49 AM
    I would like to go on record as saying: I do not know the answer.

Sounds like you are trying to emulate Access by having a Form entry page and a Table to store the data. You could do the same thing by tweaking your Spreadsheet to allow Data > Form to work. Just a thought.
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 07:53 AM
    I went to Data > Form to at least see what my options are, but I get a little pop-up that says
    "Too Many Fields in the Data Form".
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Hey, I think I figgered it!

I removed protection from one, selected all rows of the other then pasted them into the first, then just deleted the Card and Housekeeping Tab.

It seems to work fine!

Yes, it's simple. I tried it on another machine and it garbled the records and made the slider not work for the columns... but seems to work just fine now.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Hi rickj.
    Why don't you try this link which explains the right way to merge XL Files.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211802

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel files on the web [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to post my excel files on the web, so that users can open and view them. Do you know any web tools that I can use? Thanks!

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Merging Word files into one large file [ 16 Answers ]

I have book pages stored as five files of 15 pages each. Is there a way to combine them into one large file? Thank you.

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

Excel help [ 1 Answers ]

I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then...

View more questions Search