Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Mar 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
    My mom hates me and I feel like I'm starting to hate her.
    Now, I know I'm not perfecct at all. But I have been getting grounded WAY too much, I have been grounded about 3 times a month, for very stupid reasons. This spring break I was grounded and than it got cut, than I got grounded again! Than today I got grounded for getting a bad grade on a quiz, even though it caught me off guard and I got a great grade on a project. My mom is being compltely bitter, I love her but its too much... and on the side note I feel like she's taking out her pain on me, I mean only if she can see how she talks, acts, and grounds me for every little reason... its really depressing, I honestly have no one to talk to and the won't even pay for a therapist. She won't help me study, she won't talk to me, I even attempted cutting myself. It's the worst feeling in the world. The only person I can talk to is myself and my computer, my sister isn't even available for me anymore.

What's worse is when I do something right my mom doesn't care about that she only focuses on the bad. :[
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Mar 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
    I know how you feel... I was I that same position 1 week ago... the only thing I did was ignore her and make it seem as she's not part of my life, she responded and let it be known that I had a point when I said that she shouldn't take out her fustration on me
    I said it in a low and calm tone which also opened her eyes to the fact that I'm maturing... you should try it and remember... when talking to your mother always choose your words wisely.
    GuD LuCk... and know that you not the only 1
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Mar 25, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Hey thanks :D.
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Mar 25, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Your Welcome ; )
    Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about it
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Mar 25, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Parents so often get caught up in the discipline and forget to reward you for the good. Sit down and tell her how you feel. Like said below, say it calmly, don't yell (even though sometimes it seems that's what is necessary). Please don't resort to hurting yourself. She doesn't hate you. If she did, she wouldn't care what you did. She's trying to protect you, she just sometimes needs to be reminded that you are growing up. It's hard to think of your daughter as a young woman, but it's very possible.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll keep me updated on how things are going!

<3 Leslie
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 26, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Have there been any major changes in her life lately? She might be just venting at the wrong person, or compensating for the past by being over-protective and stricter. She might also fear that she is losing her 'baby' and does not know how to deal with it because she cannot remember how it was when she was your age.
    Why can't you talk to your sister anymore? Has she left home, or is she younger?
    There are times in our lives when we feel that our parents don't understand us or don't know what we are going through, but believe me, we were once young too and it was just as hard - sometimes harder because there was not as much media attention, acceptance of stress issues or therapy to help. Now you have the opportunity to talk to someone in school, church, or social workers - even special groups of peers with similar issues.

Don't feel alone in this dear, it is all a part of life and it needs working on, such as communication, or even watching a movie with your mom that is close to the subject you think is going on at home - to help her understand and open her eyes to your current pain.

If you don't feel you can talk to anyone right now, start a diary to express yourself. Sometimes, just letting it all out on paper helps a little. Just don't keep it all in or purge it out in anger or cutting - that only makes things worse.

We are here for you any time you want to talk, and we don't judge, so feel free to vent here any time you feel the need and we will try our best to help.
    Keep us posted dear and good luck.

I don't think you are starting to hate your mom, just the things and/or circumstances, and that can be frustrating too. Maybe the same is happening to your mom right now - she hates the circumstance, but I'm sure it's not you..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

My mom hates me. What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

My mum really hates me and we had a little argument and now she hasn't spoken to me in ages. When she does talk to me, she says horrible things in a sly voice. I didn't even do anything wrong, I was just a little bit selfish that's all. And now that she's angry with me, my older sister is sucking...

Why does it feel like she hates me? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: hi I am a single mom from nj, I work two jobs and do everything I can for my daughter and I just feel like its not ever going to be good enough for her. She is five years old and to smart for her own good. She has the most respect and well manners for everyone but me. What and how do I...

Pregnant and my mom hates me [ 5 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that yes, I have been in some trouble in the past but the day I found out I was pregnant I knew I had to turn things around if I was going to keep this baby. When I (we, father is one of thos dead-beats) decided to have this baby I didn't realize it would be something my...

13 YO hates Mom... please help [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 boys - 16 and almost 14. Since the divorce in 1998 my sons have lived in both homes until 2004 when my oldest became so angry and frustrated with the situation that he attempted to overdose on antibiotics. A clear scream for help. At that time Dad finally said he could come and live...

View more questions Search