Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    challenge mather Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Forcasting How many units produced in a month
    Sales expected to be 40,000 units for October. The company likes to maintain 15 percent of units sales for each month in ending inventory (i.e. the end of October)). Beginning inventory for October is 8,500 units. How many units should Western Boot produce for the coming months?
    ms180sx Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Mar 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
    15 percent of 40,000 is 6K. To leave 6K in the ending balance, with 8500 as starting, they would need to produce the sum of (40K + 6K) minus 8500, or 37500 units.
    If sales continued at 40K per month, then the next month would be as follows.
    6K in beginning, 40K in sales, with 6K ( 15%) in ending, equalls an even 40K produced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many moles produced? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: How many moles of Na3 C6 H5 O7 should have been produced from the moles of NaHCO3?

What gas is produced? [ 3 Answers ]

When hydrogen peroxide and manganese dioxide are mixed together, what gas is produced? When solid magnesium and hydrochloric acid are mixed together, what gas is produced? And lastly when calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid are mixed together, what gas is produced? Thanks so much in...

Forcasting payments [ 2 Answers ]

If a firm pays its bills with a 30-day delay, what fraction of its purchases will be paid for in the current quarter? In the following quarter? What if its payment delay is 60 days?

Forcasting budget [ 1 Answers ]

I need to analyze 3 months forecast budget, what informations should I provide first to begin my analysis? Problem: I need to prepare a master budget for 3 months on merchandise purchases budget.What information do I need to lay out to start my planning?

View more questions Search