Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 25, 2008, 02:19 PM
    My 3 month old has RSV.
    My 3 month old son was diagnosed with RSV today. I read what it is, and what it is caused by. I am just curious... has anyone else's children had this? What was the outcome?
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Hi I am not really sure what it is caused by but my son also had it at 9 months but it was so bad he had to be admitted for 5 days but he also has bad asthma
    lelemarie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
    My daughter had it when she was 12months old and it caused scarring on her lungs because we just thougth it was a cold so now she has asthma and it is really contagious you have to keep everything wiped down and my daughter had to be put on steroids to keep her from coughing so much.. hope everything gets better for you soon...
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ang8318
    My 3 month old son was diagnosed with RSV today. I read what it is, and what it is caused by. I am just curious...has anyone elses children had this? What was the outcome?
    My son was diagnosed with it at 7 months. There was a LOT of coughing. So bad sometimes, that he'd throw up. I ended up having to give him a multivitamin to replace lost nutrients from vomiting. I had to give him nebulizer treatments several times a day to open up the alveoli in his lungs so he could get more air. He eventually was prescribed steroids to reduce the inflammation from all the coughing. It was a scary time and troublesome. Nothing worse than seeing my little boy choking because he was coughing so hard.

The best thing you can do is keep a close eye on him. Pay attention if any symptoms get worse or if he has a fever. My son never had a fever with his, but a fever could be an indication of an additional problem. Don't hesitate to take him in to his pediatrician! They really won't be able to tell you much over the phone, so take him in so they can listen to his little lungs. They have trained ears to hear all the slight variations as to what "normal" breathing should sound like. Be vigilant because the worst thing you can do is nothing just because you don't want to be a pest. Be a pest! Even if it means taking him to the dr. 3 days in a row. They're used to it!

There were times I had to take my son to the dr sometimes 3 times a week. But I was glad I did, because when they listened to him, he HAD gotten worse. I knew things weren't getting better and I stayed on top of it. RSV can lead to death if left untreated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving notice to a month-to-month tenant w/ no written agreement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I really want to move my current tenant out of the guesthouse. He never cleans and has an unsightly and dangerously huge pile of used computer parts, newspapers and old mail in the middle of the kitchen floor, despite being asked repeatedly to remove it. How much notice must I give him, and...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

View more questions Search