Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    100mantra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Child Custody in CA
    My 23 month old son is a US citizen but I (legal resident) have been a victim of abuse on and off. Want to get out but safely. Does anyone know if I leave my home here in CA, with my baby for our safety, could I be charged for kidnapping? Should I let the local police office know about our departure.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
    You need to contact an organization out there that deals with abused women and talk to them about escaping your situation. They may be able to provide you and your son with a safe place to live until you can sort out where you want to live. Do you have documented police reports on this physical abuse also? If so, bring copies along or have the exact dates and police agencies that you reported this abuse to when you go to the shelter for help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Child custody [ 2 Answers ]

My wife does not drive or work and has 2 other children, but has no custody. I am looking to divorce and gain custody of the child we have together. She is on depression and anxiety medicine, does this help?

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

View more questions Search