Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbateman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 12:02 PM
    AC won't blow cold air
    Have a 2005 grand prix gt. Friend removed the deiod from the fuse box under the hood. Upon replaceing it the AC clutch now does not engauge. No cold air. Checked the fuses all look good. Ideas?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
    What "diode" did your friend remove, and why did he remove it?
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Also, are you positive that the clutch isn't engaging? Or are you assuming that because there is no cold air?
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2008, 06:38 PM
    PUT THE DIODE BACK IN. It completes the circuit. Come on man. The diode is there so that when the clutch disengages, the cluth coil doesn't feed/spike back through the circuit.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 06:07 AM
    He already said they put the diode back in... I'm trying to figure out why they removed it in the first place

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace will not blow hot air, it blows cold air only. [ 5 Answers ]

My home furnace is not working properly. It only blows cold air.

My furnace will not blow hot air, it blows cold air only. [ 2 Answers ]

my furnace does not blow hot air. And the red light indicator stays on continues. My furenace is westinghouse it is 4 years old. And the furnace keeps on working even when I turned off from the in the termostat. I can only turn it off by unplaging the power cord. The wiring diagram in the furnace...

Heater blow cold air [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell T8001C thermostat. I programmed all the times and tried to use the HOLD function on this thermostat and it continues to blow cold air. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

Trane gas furnace only blow cold air [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 years old trane gas furnace would not blow out warm air, only cold air. I checked gas is on and electric switch is on. Every thing seems normal. It may be the ignition problem. How can I find out? Your help is greatly appreciated Bass

Can't get furnace to blow hot/cold air! [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I recently moved into a house & I can barely tell that any air is coming out. I have just paid to have all the ducts cleaned. Please help me figure this out.

View more questions Search