Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 09:12 PM
    How do I get back on title?
    Hello,

I would like to know how to get my name back onto the title of my house.

About 2 1/2 years ago my wife and I refinanced our mortgage. I was advised by the mortgage broker to take myself off title in order to get a better rate on our refinance. At the time I had a low credit score and was considered a high risk so the solution was to remove myself from title so my wife (with an excellent credit score) could get the lowest available interest rate. That all worked out great, but now I want to get back on title. I don't know what form I should get or where to get it. Could someone tell me the name of the form?

Thank you,
    Brandon
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 5, 2006, 09:26 PM
    You need to prepare a Quit Claim Deed, from your wife, as seller, to you and your wife, as buyers. The deed must be signed by your wife, notarized, and recorded in the clerk's office of the county where the property is located.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 12:53 AM
    Are you having problems with your wife as you feel you need to place your name on the house deed again?

Are you afraid she is going to get into financial troubles?

If you said no to the above 2 questions, then don't worry about it. Don't waste money to get your name on it, since there is no reason to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

"Dream you back to me" song title? [ 6 Answers ]

Who is the artist of the dance/techno song that has the following lyrics? Wherever you are I dream you back to me Wherever you are, wherever you are Some more lyrics that rhyme with the me part may be "from the heaven to the sea", or something like that. I heard it in the fall of 2005 on...

I want my ex back [ 5 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for about 1 1/2 years until last month. I met her at college, but she left at the end of the first year. We had a really great time that first year, and over the summer because we live fairly close to each other. We have stuck together through a lot of hard times, but last month...

I want her back [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a 3 year relationship. Well for the first two years everything was great. About 8 months ago she turned 21 and pretty much started going crazy. She would go out and drink a lot. One day she said that she needed some time. It turns out that she wanted to date someone else. Since then...

View more questions Search