Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    10077 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Very irregular period
    Hi,
    I'm 15 years old and I have been getting my period very irregularly for a while now. I Haven't had it for a full 3 years yet, so some say that is normal, but it seems very different. I started getting it regularly for a few months in the beginning, but now I can go for months without getting it. When I do get it, it's always normal and at the end of the month. Sometimes when I don't get it, I have this kind of clear discharge, but I never actually get my period that month.
    Why is it so scattered like this? Should I be very concerned? What are some reasons that this could be happening?
    Thanks,
    Confused
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 25, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Skipping periods and irregular menstruation is quite normal during the first few years after a girl starts her periods. When girls first menstruate they often do not have regular cycles for several of years. However my next question are you sexually active yet?
    10077 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Okay, No, I am not sexually active yet.
    tee5851 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 12:49 PM
    So What's Your Questiojn If Your Not Sexually Active
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 25, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Most of the time, irregular periods are part of the normal changes that can happen when you're a teen. At as you grow, your cycle will probably settle into a pattern. This usually happens by 3 years after your first period.

However, some teens may develop irregular periods or stop having periods altogether as a result of certain medications, excessive exercise, very low body weight, or not eating enough calories. Others may develop problems as a result of a hormone imbalance. For example, disorders of the thyroid gland can cause menstrual irregularities if the levels of thyroid hormone in the blood become too low or too high.

I would suggest you talk to your parent about your irregular period, although you are not sexually active you can still see a doctor check that everything is okay some doctors even use Birth control pills to regulate the period.. Even though it is totally normal for irregular periods for someone who just started their period there is nothing wrong with going to the doctor for confirmation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

I have iregular periods... for the last month is hasen't come yet... it skipped January... it has come on February... but on March.. I'm still waitng for it... I have terrible cramps when my periods came... and I know that I'm not pregnant... I go to the bathroom months t of the times at night than...

Irregular period [ 7 Answers ]

Since I've had my periods at 13 years old they have always been heavy, on time, and last for 5-6days. However on the first day that I start it I get very sick, usually vomiting and bad stomach craps. It last for a few hours and then I'm fine the rest of the week. I've missed school and work a lot...

Are you having an irregular period? Here are some causes and what you can do. [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed a large number of posts regarding irregular periods. I thought I would take some time and post some information on this topic so maybe it can answer some of your questions. What is an irregular period? A textbook period happens every 24-29 days, but in truth what is “regular”...

Irregular period [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out I'm usually a very regular person with my cycles and this month it's been irregular on dec 25 I got what seemed like a regular period then on the 26 late night it is now pink instead of red and today on the 27th it's still pink and I have cramping is...

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend experienced two heavier than normal periods for her two previous cycles, then last month she missed her period. A pregnancy test showed that she was not pregnant, but her gyno told her it could be too early to determine. Now currently instead of her normal period, she's having dried...

View more questions Search