Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 05:33 AM
    My boyfriend treats me different
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months.
    When we are alone he treats me perfectly. When we first got together he treated me like a princess all the time.
    Now its only when we are alone.

We go out in a big group of friends usually and he just ignores me or barely speaks to me. He says its because he doesn't want the singles in our group ( and they are a majority) to feel left out. I respect that decision but its hurting me. We spend a lot of time together and he says I'm just being demanding and should think about the huge amount of time we do spend together. But surely he should notice that I'm there!

Am I just being a prima donna?

Xx
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 25, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clairyfairy247

am i just being a prima donna?

xx
    You just got used to him being like that so now he set the standards high, when he doesn't give you that attention you feel incomplete. Some people just have a harder time with Public display of affection, and it could be because of the group of friends you are with especially if they are single. I was going to suggest that could be a reason, But don't get insecure about it and nag him about it, it can eventually ruin the relationship. As long as you know and feel that he is showing you affection when you are alone then I wouldn't worry too much about it, you just have to adapt to the change.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 25, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Hello dear.
    IMO, in any relationship there should be respect for each other - whether there are other people around or not. Imagine, how he would act if you ignored him when in public - try it and see his reaction. Maybe you focus all your attention on him and ignore all the others because they don't interest you, but you should never place anyone in the center of your universe or expect them to place you in the center of their's.

Sometimes there is the possibility of peer pressure and he acts accordingly, but still, I think he should respect you enough to at least smile once in a while, or sit near you - if he cannot do this, then I get suspicious. Try not to be too clingy, ignore him now and then and talk to someone else in the group. If you show him you don't like to be around them and only want him to pay attention to you, you will eventually drive him away. But, if you get involved in conversations and show interest, he might see that you don't plan to be a threat to him or his friends.

Also, if you can manage it, and don't want to be around the others much, let him go alone and do something you'd like to do. Show him that you trust him when he is out of your sight, show him that you are secure in your relationship and trust him.

Trust and communication are very important in a relationship and helps you grow together or grow apart - and we have to be able to accept both possibilities. So, remember that you should never place anyone in the center of your universe and show yourself that you can stand alone if need be.

Good luck dear, and keep us posted.

growth and change is a part of life, and we all go through it. It all depends on how we deal with it.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Mar 25, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Firstly how old are you? Secondly, mabey you need to set the record straight, there are so many better guys out there who would probably not ignore you especially in a relationship, I'm not saying to dump him, I'm just saying you should tell him, that you wish you guys talked more, and tell him its not fair that your still with him even though he doesn't act like anything around you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Professor treats me like garbage [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I'm taking Financial Accounting, and have discovered that I may have a learning disability or two. I've taken a couple of preliminary tests, and there's a strong indication that I may have Dyscalculia and Adult ADD. I had two Business...

He treats me different [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 12 and my dads first child, since then he had another child who is my half brother. Recently my dad and step mum fell out. I hardly get to see my brother. But my dad is always treating me differently to my brother in a bad way. PLEASE HELP ME TO GET MORE ATTENTION OFF HIM!! :mad: :(...

I'm 16 and my dad still treats me like I'm 6! [ 2 Answers ]

I had an argument with my dad today my mum was involved but my dad pretty much took control! I'm really upset and can't stop crying! My dad won't listen to me and doesn't realise how stressed I'm getting and how he takes his stress out on me all the time someone please help me my dad will not...

Treats me like a doormat [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Well this guy I no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. He only ever talks on msn. He seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason he's just awkward around me. He can't like me becoz he just cant. I always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even...

View more questions Search