Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcjsm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 02:31 AM
    Design for a pipe pillar
    I have to design a pipe pillar which has to bear the load on top for 1000 kg at a height of 7 meters. The wind speed is expected to be 100-150 km/hour. The load on top has a width of three meters and a height of 3 meters.

Provide me with the minimum diameter and thickness of the pipe required to carry such a weight and what kind of foundation is required to errct the pipe pillar and what should be the details of the foundation?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 02:56 AM
    I do not know that much about design -- or what your budget is for this structure

I have done much metal work -- and was a production mig welder for industrial plant

I think square tube is really strong -- and placing it on the bias may add strength

Placing tubes on bias may cut wind resistance -- design may not be that easy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic Product design, Mold design, Plastics, [ 2 Answers ]

What are all the precautions needs to be taken during Nylon molding?

Hot water pipe touching fire sprinker pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I discovered why the water pressure in my fire prinkler system kept rising. It's because the hot water pipe is right up against the sprinkler pipe causing it to heat which then increases the pressure. Now can I wrap the pipe with insulation. Would this be a good fix? If so, should I wrap the hot...

Adding a foundation pillar [ 1 Answers ]

I have discovered that I have inadequate support for a stairwell in my home. The support posts rests between floor joists, with no foundation pillar underneath. What is the best way to install a foundation pillar in an existing crawlspace?

Replace Lead Pipe from Toilet to Hubless Waste Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My house is a craftsman style house from 1912 in Oakland, California. I have a big hole in a 24" horizontal lead pipe that bends at 90 degrees and connects the only toilet in the house to the hubless waste pipe. How do I go about removing the lead pipe? (What tools do I need and what type of...

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

View more questions Search