Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davesunday41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Evicted before the lease is up
    My mother's landlord is trying to evict her, or have her start paying hirer rent. On the lease it says the price of 600/month is good until 4/1/10. She is telling her to start paying more or get out on 4/1/08. I'm planning to pay the rent on the lease, and see the landlord in court to dispute the rent increase. Is this is a good choice?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
    You may want to read her lease agreement to see if the Landlord is allowed to increase the rent. You never know what the lease says until you read it word for word. If the rent increase is not included in the terms of the lease, then taking this situation to court might be the best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

Getting Evicted [ 6 Answers ]

Here's the situation. There's a 1 year lease with 9 months remaining. The property was sold and you have 3 weeks to get out because the new landowner is demo'ing the house. Can this legally happen? Their lawyers say there is no lease with the new landowners so be lucky you have 3 weeks to get...

How do I get my things after being evicted? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Christine, my sister was evicted with 3 small children. Her lanlord was a scum lord and he got away with a lot of money from her because my sister believed him. . She is now out of the place but has to get her things how does she go about this?

Being evicted [ 3 Answers ]

I have been a tenant for about 6 years. The first year was with a contract and the rest was a month to month basis. The landlord, after six years, wants to evict me. He sent a written paper giving me a two months notice. I told him that I would leave, but I would need some time. I told him that...

View more questions Search