Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaserracer83 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Looking for a starting point
    I have very little experience with web programming but am interested in making a database website. I am very good at creating databases with Access but am working on a mac. What program should I begin learning to use for making a database that would work well online? Also what program would you suggest using with the database to begin the web design?

Thank you,
    Chase
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Mar 25, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chaserracer83
    What program should I begin learning to use for making a database that would work well online?
    Many online databases make use of some form of SQL, very often MySQL. You can learn more about that here: MySQL :: The world's most popular open source database

As for accessing MySQL, I'm a fan of PHP. You can find out more about using PHP to access MySQL here: PHP: MySQL - Manual

Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2008, 06:58 AM
    I would agree that My SQL is probably the best choice for your back end. Next best would be SQL Server.

I think Cold Fusion or just programming in ASP or PHP as the front end.

Quote Originally Posted by chaserracer83
    I am very good at creating databases with Access
    Are you? Are all your databases normalized to at least 3NF?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Point-to-point diagram [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know about the use of point-to-point diagrams in electrical/electronics engineering.

Point to point diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Please I want to know about electrical point to point diagram

What's the point? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I'm just posting this as a question, not a debate, I'm just wanting to hear peoples opinions on this. What's with gossip? What's with whispering? What's the point in it? There's three people in my school that when I walk by them they whisper witch, like it's supposed to hurt me or insult my...

How do I get the point across? She doesn't seem to get it! [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old guy (nearly 18) Senior in high school. I am strongly attracted to a 15 year old girl, a Sophomore in high school. It's not just a physical attraction, we like the same type of music, we are both reserved or shy, and enjoy writing. One of my close friends tried to get to know her...

New small business starting point [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in the planning stages of starting a small business. I know what service we will provide, as well as the clientele that will desire them. I just need to know how to get it started. How can I get this idea off the ground? A rough script would be very helpful.

View more questions Search