Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs_vick Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Physics Problems ! (work= Distance * Force)
    A force of 825 N is needed to push a car across a lot. Two student push the car 35 m . How much work is done? After a rainstorm, the force needed to push the car doubled because the ground became soft . By what amount does the work done by the students change ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 5, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Seeing that you have already answered your own question in the title do we really need to help ?

Work = Force x Distance

Where distance is measured in meters and force is measured in newtons the units of work become N-m or J (joules)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2006, 02:55 PM
    35 x 825 = work in J

part B---double the Force, double the work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Quick online physics reference guide for solving problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I love Physics and enjoy to help students with different problems. I Am Associate Professor, Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics, Senior Lecturer in General Physics with more than 20 years experience I. More Details about my subjects and background you can see on my site: ...

Work and force problem PLEASE HELP ! [ 4 Answers ]

What work is done by a forklift rasing a 583 kg. box 1.20 m ?

Critical Distance is Pipe Length or Literal Distance? [ 2 Answers ]

Is critical distance measurement based on the literal distance from a trap to the vent stack, or the total length pipe from the trap to the vent? In other words, if the trap is 4 feet from the vent, but the drain pipe from the trap to the branch that has the vent connected to it is 10 feet, is the...

Problems getting Norton to work with AOL [ 9 Answers ]

I did find a thread on this but can't get back to it now I've registered - no matter because the thread had departed from the issue into a ding dong between posters. I don't need several opinions as to how crap AOL is or how bad Norton is what I want is specific advice on how to actually make it...

View more questions Search