Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 24, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Property Taxes
    Are 2007 property taxes, which are actually paid in 2008, deductible in my 2007 return?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
    No - only taxes that are actually paid to the municipality in 2007 are deductible in 2007. If you pay your taxes through an escrow account with your mortgage company then the 1098 form you receive from them will show what they actually paid to the town on your behalf in 2007. If you pay your taxes directly to the town yourself then you deduct the amount you actually paid in 2007.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

My brother paid my mother's past property taxes last year. Now he claims that her property belongs to him (deed). Is this true for Florida? :confused: Nanc

Property Taxes on Property sold for estate settlement. [ 1 Answers ]

We have sold property in Indiana that will be part of and estate settlement. The property sold for less than $100,000. The money from this property will be divided between the 6 children. What taxes will be owed for the sale of this property?

Property taxes on inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

When daughter inherits home from parent and moves into the home, is there an adjustment to the property tax base in California? Currently taxes are extremely low but house has increased in value since purchase 40 years ago. House is held by trust.

Property Taxes [ 4 Answers ]

If someone pays your non-delinquent Texas property taxes in December before you have paid them, do they have any claim to your property?

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search