Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Mass communication
    If I want to pursue an mba in mass communication is it advisory that I do B.A. or B.M.S. i.e. bachelor of media studies after 12th?
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Mar 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Communication applies to any number of fields, so you can probably get into a graduate program with most any undergrad degree. My undergrad degree was Math and when I did an MBA, they made me take 6 undergrad business courses before I could start taking grad courses. Had I known this, I could have taken those courses during my undergrad time.

In terms of what undergrad work best prepares you for graduate work in MC, I would imagine the BMS is one of the better choices. Depending on which end of the business you want to enter, Business, English, History, Journalism or Psychology would also be good choices.

I have a book recommendation: "P.R. The Social History of Spin." It is pretty eyeopening. It discusses the history of PR and what can be done with MC given a skillful manipulator.

Mar 26, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Thanks a lot for your answer... the thing is that at present m not really sure of what exactly do I want to do... dats why I thot of taking up b.a. as in three years time it would give me better ideas about the various scopes in mass comm... if possible can you brief me about what exactly is public relations, journalism, event management advertising and other subjects in mass comm... so it would help me better... thnx
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Mar 26, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Any of these areas will help you with general information about mass communication.

PR is about creating a positive image in the media about a company or organization.

Journalism is about observing the world and writing about it in the way newspapers, TV, radio or bloggers do.

Advertising is about making the public aware of products and services.

On each of these subjects, there is a massive amount of information on the net. Check it out.

Mar 27, 2008, 05:42 AM
    K thanks a lot...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovering mass communication research problems [ 2 Answers ]

I want to do the research on discovering mass communication research problems all around the world and specially in Pakistan.along with this I also want to know about the scope or future of mass communication research.please do let me know about all the previous as well as the latest problems with...

Communication [ 7 Answers ]

Why won't my boyfriend communicate with me about his feelings and thoughts?:(

View more questions Search