Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NEAL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Finalizing digital audio cd-r's
    How do i finalize digital audio cd-r's so that i can burn a record to cd on a phonograph to cd burner model teac gf-350 multi music player/cd recorder?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 5, 2006, 12:33 PM
    If you could let us know a lot more information we will be able to help you better.
    WHat
    *OPerating system
    *Burning software
    For starters.

Most burning softwares have audio burning wizards that guide you through the whole process from start to finalising. Have you tried this in yours?
    NEAL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
    Yes, i have, however my audio system requires digital audio cd-r's that are not data discs or able to be used with any computers. The cd-r's must be strictly for audio systems. So, i guess i need to know if there are any such cd-r's out there and where i can find some?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 6, 2006, 01:18 AM
    ANY CDR can be used to burn music on.
    To make it playable in the CD player you need to finalise or close it.
    Now if you would let us know which burning program you are using we will be able to help you better.

Ps Please turn off your Caps lock as it is considered to be shouting when you post all in Caps.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 03:00 AM
    You can burn music to any CD but certain stereos (normally older ones) will not accept normal CD-R's. They need "audio" CD-Rs for them to work properly. What's the difference between an audio and normal CD-R? Not a clue :p Anyway these audio CD-R's are very common. I just walk into my local Dixon's, PC World etc. and they have tonnes. Here are some Amazon.co.uk links anyway:

Sony 10 pack
    Phillip's 10 pack
    FujiFilm 10 pack

They really aren't hard to find. Just go to anyway with a half decent selection of CD-R's and look for those saying audio on the front.

My girlfriend has a cheap stereo she brought from a local supermarket, I have a more expensive Sony stereo. If I make an audio CD using Nero with a normal CD-R, it will only work on my stereo - not my girlfriends. Only audio CD-R's work on both stereos.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2006, 06:46 AM
    I think the issue is in burning. My burner software (Roxio) gives me the option to create an audio CD. I've had no problem with such CDs playing in any player. I've used different blank CD/Rs to make them.

Window Media Player can also do this. Just select a Playlist and choose the option ot make an audio CD
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 10:15 AM
    HI,
    As others have said, you need Music CD-R's, in order to use your burning software, to burn Audio (or Music) to the CD-R.
    Some of these have already been offered.
    The CD-R's I use, have written on them:
    Memorex (there are other good brands, but Walmart has these for good prices).
    CD-R ; 52x; 700 MB; 80 Min.
    The 80 Min. tells me this CD-R can be used to Music (or Audio).
    If your CD-R's don't have a "minutes" number on them, you might be trying to use Data CD's, with just the MB listed on it... won't work for Music.
    Best of luck.

Feb 6, 2006, 10:55 AM
    I don't recall ever seeing a CD with only the MB capacity on it. I just looked at several different blank CDs I have from different brands. All of them listed both minutes and MB. I have seen CDs that specify they are Music CDs. These may give a slightly better quality recording.

But, as I said, the main thing is HOW you burn. To play in an regular CD player, the tracks have to recorded as WAVs and the disk has to be recorded as an Audio Cd by the software.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 11:04 AM
    The minutes on the packaging is simply a marketing gimmick. Making audio CDs is simply data burned in a special format (.cda pointer files) to the CDR. It's all bits in the end. ALL CDRs can be used for audio CDs OR data CDs.

Feb 6, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    The minutes on the packaging is simply a marketing gimmick. Making audio CDs is simply data burned in a special format (.cda pointer files) to the CDR. It's all bits in the end. ALL CDRs can be used for audio CDs OR data CDs.
    I didn't think that mattered. Though, since most music tracks are measured in time, it does help give an idea of how many songs one can fit on a CD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Finalizing a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

In California my fiance's divorce was filed April 11,2006. I need to know if it is final on oct 11 2006, or 6 months from when his (ex)wife will be served. She can't be found. The papers were served but she had moved so they were returned. Hes now in a different state so he can't go to court. I...

Finalizing a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My divorce was ready for the final signing in Feb. 2000 in the state of Arkansas, but I had moved to California by that time. I want to know if I can have the papers sent to me in Cali. And send them back and how long after that will the divorce be final?:confused:

Digital Abstracts [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to package your artwork if you want to get your first exhibit?

View more questions Search