Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Mar 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Easter Sunday
    Did you attend Easter Sunday church service? What affect did it have on you and why?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I watched Easter Parade (Fred Astaire, Judy Garland). Does that count? I enjoyed it (for the umpteenth time)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Sadly I didn't attend church this year.

In fact, I haven't gone to an Easter church service in years. *shame, shame*

... but I still love the lord and recognized him on that day and every day as well.

I will say that Easter is definitely different from being a child to an adult.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 24, 2008, 08:49 AM
    I regard every church service as a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mar 24, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    I regard every church service as a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Thank you, as we all should every day.

Mar 24, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Shouldn't that be 'MY Lord Jesus Christ'? You really can't speak for everyone.
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Mar 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
    You are right Galveston, every church service ia a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Scott Gem-
    Yes He is 'our' Lord and Savior. He came to this earth and died for all of us, and the ones who accept Him and do His will--will have eternal salvation. Hopefully everyone will turn to Him before the end.

Mar 25, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mae
    You are right Galveston, every church service ia a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Scott Gem-
    Yes He is 'our' Lord and Savior. He came to this earth and died for all of us, and the ones who accept Him and do His will--will have eternal salvation. Hopefully everyone will turn to Him before the end.
    Sorry Donna, he may be your Lord but he's not mine. As I've said before, I am happy for you that you find comfort and solace in believing what you believe. But please don't assume, expect or require that others believe as you do.

Mar 25, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Sorry Donna, he may be your Lord but he's not mine. As I've said before, I am happy for you that you find comfort and solace in believing what you believe. But please don't assume, expect or require that others believe as you do.
    As I said, 'hopefully' everyone will turn to Him before the end.
    SG believe me I don't require that anyone believe in Jesus as I do. Everyone has a right to believe as they wish, but please don't deprive me of 'hoping' that everyone will turn to Jesus before the judgement. I know this sounds pushy, but it's what I have to do and it's what I want to do for my Lord. I know that for me, Jesus is the answer. And I know that this is the part that upsets everyone, but, I know that for everyone, Jesus is the answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Yep, they sort of miss me if I don't show up,

Mar 25, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Donna,
    I have no problem in your hoping to yourself that people see the light as you believe it. Its when you impose that belief on others that I object. When you talk about "our" Lord you make too broad a statement.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Many celebrated the risen Christ. I acknowledged that, and the Easter bunny, and celebrated Goddess Oestar.

The Easter bunny is real to my kid. Christ is the Way for many. The holiday was originally pagan. It's all good.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I think you are weakening Scott will get you to the alter one of these days.

But I don't know I guess some will doom me to hell, we had a large Easter Egg hunt for the kids before Church. Still on that candy rush
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mae
    Jesus is the answer.
    What is the question?

Mar 25, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Could be the answer to many questions.

How do I get to heaven?
    How do I live for an eternity?
    Who is the only one who can save me?
    Who is the Son of God?
    By who's name am I baptized into?
    Who must I accept to be saved?

Is this enough questions?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 25, 2008, 10:05 PM
    No, 14 hour day at work - a Catholic hospital. On this day, I had to tell a teenager that their mother was dying - I could not save her, science, technology would not save her. What could I offer, But the hope that Her mother would be at peace with God. Its what Easter is all about.
    marvin_082500 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 26, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Im a Christian by choice. I don't believe easter Sunday, Because they don't have definite or exact date to celebrate, sometimes they celebrate it IN THE MONTH OF APRIL BUT NOW IT IS IN MARCH. BUT WHY IN CHRISTMASS THEY CELEBRATE ALWAYS IN DEC25. THE DATE ALWAYS THE SAME. IF YOU GOT MARRIED JUNE 18 YOUR ANNIVERSRRAY ALWAYS JUNE 18 OF THE YEARS.

Mar 26, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Many celebrated the risen Christ. I acknowledged that, and the Easter bunny, and celebrated Goddess Oestar.

The Easter bunny is real to my kid. Christ is the Way for many. The holiday was originally pagan. It's all good.
    In fact, Christianity is the most copycat religion around. A large part of the holidays, rites and practices are based on or incorporated pagan rituals. This is not a put down, it shows the intelligence of the early church founders. They knew Christianity would be hard sell so they sweetened the pot by incorporating practices of the peoples they were trying to convert.

I remember, back in the early 60s, when slogan buttons were popular (now they just put slogans on T-shirts or other articles of clothing), I had a button that read; "No Easter this year they found the body!". I was bemused when most of my friends read that and asked; "What body? The Easter Bunny's?" So many of them (Christians and Jews) hadn't a clue what Easter meant.

Mar 26, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin_082500
    Im a Christian by choice. I dont believe easter sunday, Because they dont have definite or exact date to celebrate, sometimes they celebrate it IN THE MONTH OF APRIL BUT NOW IT IS IN MARCH. BUT WHY IN CHRISTMASS THEY CELEBRATE ALWAYS IN DEC25., THE DATE ALWAYS THE SAME. IF YOU GOT MARRIED JUNE 18 YOUR ANNIVERSRRAY ALWAYS JUNE 18 OF THE YEARS.

As you are a christian you know that it is more commonly resurrection Sunday which is preceded by Good Friday (or the day Christ was crucified) BUT not the exact day it occurred because for one we work off a completely different calendar than they did in ancient times. Specific dates have been debated but the event is for sure.

Mar 26, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    No, 14 hour day at work - a Catholic hospital. On this day, I had to tell a teenager that their mother was dying - I could not save her, science, technology would not save her. What could I offer ,? but the hope that Her mother would be at peace with God. Its what Easter is all about.
    YES. (although sometimes it is not reassuring to hear at the time) Christ died and rose for ALL of our sins so that we would be with Him forever if we make that choose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Easter Egg [ 3 Answers ]

What did the Easter egg say to the boiling water? Its going to take awhile to get me hard, I just got laid by some chick Happy Easter!

Easter Greetings [ 1 Answers ]

Happy Easter everyone.

Blonde Easter [ 2 Answers ]

Blond Easter Three blondes (natural) died and found themselves standing before StPeter. He told them that before they could enter the Kingdom, they had to tell him what Easter was. The first blonde said, "Easter is a holiday where they have a big feast and we give thanks and eat turkey." ...

Easter lunch [ 9 Answers ]

I had my family over for easter. I bought all the food cooked it and we all decided to share the expenses. Mum and her boyfriend haven't paid me yet! I feel awkwared asking them for the money seeing as mums boyfriend is helping us with works in our apartment... My husband said we need that...

Easter Is Here [ 4 Answers ]

Just want to say Happy Easter to everybody here. Hope you all have a beautiful day. Joe

View more questions Search