Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prairie son Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Inside rear door panel, 1999 lumina
    I need a diagram or detailed instructions for removing the rear inside door panel on a 1999 Chevy Lumina. I found 3 screws and I know the rest is installed using either plastic or metal clips. I just need to know the approximate location of these clips so I don't tear up too much.
    Thanks in advance'
    Prairie Son:(
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
    The approximate location of those clips is generally around the perimeter of the door panel.

Once you have all the retaining screws removed, the panel should be moved away and slightly upwards from the door panel.

Beware! If you have power windows, there will be a harness to the window switch.
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Mar 25, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Make sure that you have removed the screws that hold the door rest. Once the screws are removed put your fingertips under the panel at the bottom of the door and gently pull outwards on it as you slide your fingers left to right. You will locate the clips as the door panel will come out slightly between the clips and the panel will stay firmly against the door where the clip are. Once you find a clip, I would start at a bottom corner, gently force 2 flathead screw drivers under the panel on either side of the clip and pry straight off. Once the first one is unclipped you can usually slide you finger under the panel and use your fingers on one side of the clip and a screwdriver on the other side to pop the remaining clips. Just take your time and do the bottom first, then one side and then the other. Once all the screws are removed, the clips are unsnapped, and the wire harness' unplugged you need to hold the bottom out about 12" from the door and push straight up as the top will be hooked to the window area of the door with clips. These will slide right off with firm pressure.

If this ANSWER helped you please rate it.

Like stated before, periodically look under the panel as you are removing it as there may be wiring harnesses that need to be unplugged depending on power door locks, windows, or mirrors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Chevy Lumina; spark plugs [ 3 Answers ]

Re; changing plugs on Chevy Lumina 6 cylinder transverse engine The service manual says engine must be rotated forward to access rear 3 plugs. I have been told that this is not necessary. Is there a special plug wrench attachment to reach the rear plugs? Is it true that to rotate the engine one...

1999 Grand Am rear window motor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone out there can help? My name is Candace and I am a 30yr. Old nurse, mother of a 3 yr. old boy and a husband who travels A LOT.. I pride myself in being able to do just about anything when it comes to repairs and HATE to have to PAY someone when I can figure it out...

98 Golf Rear Door Panel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Volkswagen Golf 4 DR, the back speakers have stopped working on both sides, I switched one of the working front speakers into the back and it didn't work, this leads me to believe that it is in the wiring, I've heard that the connector on the Golf in the back door is usually the...

View more questions Search