Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peachesncream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 04:43 AM
    I want to adopt my friends kid.
    I have a friend of mine who is just now 18 and has 2 kids and has had 3 abortions. Her newest child I have and want to adopt. The other is with the grandparents, who can't take on another child. Right now I just want them to sign over rights with the eventual outcome of me adopting their child. The parents are no longer together. Neither has or can hold down a job. They have no home. THe list of negatives goes on and on. Other than creating beautiful children they are pretty worthless. Anyway both has seemed amenable to the idea of signing them over. However I don't have a lot of money to get a lawyer, while I know that I will have to, is there any cheaper method to getting this done for the time being until I have the money for adoption because I would like this child to have a rock steady future, not one with loads of doubt. :confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachesncream
    I have a friend of mine who is just now 18 and has 2 kids and has had 3 abortions. Her newest child I have and want to adopt. The other is with the grandparents, who can't take on another child. Right now I just want them to sign over rights with the eventual outcome of me adopting their child. The parents are no longer together. Neither has or can hold down a job. They have no home. THe list of negatives goes on and on. Other than creating beautiful children they are pretty worthless. Anyways both has seemed amenable to the idea of signing them over. However I dont have alot of money to get a lawyer, while I know that I will have to, is there any cheaper method to getting this done for the time being until I have the money for adoption because I would like this child to have a rock steady future, not one with loads of doubt. :confused:

No - you need an Attorney if you want to adopt. Maybe they'll sign over legal guardianship at this time but that is not an adoption. (Unless the parents are abusive or dangerous to the child their personal lives aren't going to come into play.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2008, 06:36 AM
    I agree with Judy, For them to relinquish their rights an adoption has to be the result.

Shop around for a lawyer. You may find one willing to accept payments over time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Ex is seeing a lot of one of my best friends. Think I'm losing friends everywhere [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, not to bore anyone with details, but my ex and I broke up a couple of months ago, and I've found it excruciating to deal with my feelings. I have good and bad days, and a couple of days ago would have been our 2 year anniversary. I've noticed that one of my best friends is getting very close...

Adopt a friend's sister's kid - paternity [ 2 Answers ]

We are pursuing adopting the unwanted child of a friend's sister. A question (among many!): No father on the birth certificate. Father that she says is the father is married with 2 kids and wants NOTHING to do with the child. Another guy, who she originally told was the father and now she says is...

View more questions Search