Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lotsofdots Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2004, 10:01 PM
    Semi-formal
    Exactly what does semi-formal mean? I'm getting a dress tomorrow after school for a semi-formal dance I'm going to.
    Can you give me some examples?
    Also please help with what kinds of shoes to wear!
    Brooke123102 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Usually semi-formal means it is acceptable to wear knee length dresses or dressy pant suits for women. Many girls wear formal dresses to semi-formals but technically semi-formal mean a shorter cocktail style dress. Men shoud wear a dark suit but not a tuxedo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-permanent color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello prettypetite1 I am worndering if you can tell me about demi-permanent color. I used a natural brown hair color (permanent) on my hair . I wanted my hair to match a hair piece so I went to Sallys and they gave me a demi-permanent color of ash blond to take the red out of my hair. I am...

I need help finding a semi-formal dress for wedding [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 56 years old. I have gained weight so that I now have a dilemma when it comes to choosing a dress! I need a semi-formal dress to wear to two weddings actually. My problem is that my measurements are now 40-42-53. If I find a dress that fits my bustline, it's not big enough for my hips....

Lagging semi-monthy payroll schedule: common? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all -- My new job has a lagging semi-monthly payroll schedule, which I hate and is taking a long time to get used to. I had never heard of it before and definitely never been subject to one. For example: Pay Period: 1st-15th of the month, I'll get paid: somewhere between the 16th-26th....

I need help finding a semi-formal dress [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to a semi-formal dance that my school has on February 12. They have one every year and this year I am a sophomore, so I know what to expect. Last year almost everyone wore black, but a few people wore brighter colors like red and light pink and they really stood out. Everyone that I have...

Mice in ceiling of semi-detached house [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for being an expert. I am a new owner of a semi-detached house. I have heard very occasional skittering in my living-room ceiling and suspect mice. I have looked both on the outside and inside the house, but can find no obvious entry point. Could the mice be in the walls and/or coming in...

View more questions Search