Ask
    Smithlem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 03:09 PM
    I am trying to find out what is Ad Hominem/Genetic:

(Spelling of "Hominen" corrected.)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 10:30 PM
    (Question moved to its own thread from Introductions in order to get the most exposure to those best able to answer the question. The Introductions topic area is for introductions only and not questions. Thank you.)
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 10:38 PM
    The quote below is from the following site. Philosophy - Georgia State University Library

Ad Hominem/Genetic: the attempt to rebut a claim by criticizing the source or person making the claim instead of the evidence.
    You will also find other descriptions and examples of it on the following search.

Ad Hominem/Genetic - Google Search

You did leave a colon at the end of your question. Were you meaning to add anything else to your question?
    randy3306 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Wishful thinking
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by randy3306
    Wishful thinking
    Probably so...
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Ad hominem is a wrong, invalid argument one could use in a discussion. The point of discussion isn't being discussed, but someone who uses this kind of argument sys the one who states the argument is corrupt, not properly educated, whatever.
    Example: Hillary and Obama are discussing politics, and then, when Obama states something, Hilary says: you are very unexperienced, you cannot know that". Maybe Obama is unexperienced, but that does not tell you anything about whether his statement is true or false. In a healthy discussion, these personal remarks are avoided, and participants stick to the facts.
    hiwiseguy Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 02:59 AM
    ad hominem = irrelevant

ugly face = poor ideas

poor person = can't argue economics
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Invalid source

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genetic Codes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have one question about genetics, I have black curly hair and black eyes, my mom has black curly hair and black eyes, my dad has wavy black hair and black eyes, my husband has brown eyes and black straight hair, and his mom has black straight hair and brown eyes, and his dad has blue eyes and...

Genetic traits [ 1 Answers ]

A cross involving only one pair of alleles?

Genetic [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to thank J_9 for her useful information on Artificial insemination cause I looked every where but couldn`t find a simple definition along with a few advantages and disadvantages of the procedure. I would lkie to know the difference between monohybrid and dihybrid crossing in...

View more questions Search