Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2008, 09:11 PM
    What's a BEd worth?
    Other than teach, what can I do with a BEd? Can I enroll in a MEd or a MA afterwards? Or maybe even a PhD, all in the education field?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 09:51 PM
    I have a B.A. in Ed. And, after I quit teaching, got a job in a public library. While still working in a library setting, I earned an M.S. in counseling psychology and started a masters in library science. I am now the senior cataloger and general problem-solver at a medium-sized public library. In short, a BEd can take you all sorts of places and into all kinds of careers--medical, psychological, education, business, theological, government, etc. And yes, you can pass the GRE and enroll in a master's program in ANY field.
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Great! Thank you, Wondergirl.

May I ask you why did you quit teaching?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AWess
    Great! Thank you, Wondergirl.

May I ask you why did you quit teaching?
    You're welcome. I guess I've never really "quit" teaching. While working part-time at a library, I subbed and tutored for years, taught afternoon preschool for 3 years. At the library, I train staff and volunteers how to do library work, so that's teaching too. Knowing how to manage a classroom helped me manage a library team. It's amazing how much I gained from that education degree and the teaching I've done--have learned patience, how to reframe a lesson when the group or one student didn't understand, organization of materials, plus written and verbal communication skills, all of which are valuable in any line of work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Slats for full size bed [ 3 Answers ]

I am purchasing a new mattress and box spring. I have been told that I need to supply three full size bed slats. I need the dimensions and type of wood that should be used so I can purchase them at my nearest Home Depot or Lowe's. I specifically need the length required. I need this answer...

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

Somebod is under the bed. [ 2 Answers ]

A man went to a psychiatrist and said, "Doctor, I've got trouble. Every time I get into bed, I think there's somebody under it. I get under the bed, I think there's somebody on top of it. Top, under, top, under. You have to help me, I'm going crazy!" "Just put yourself in my hands for two years,"...

The other guy was better in bed... [ 1 Answers ]

My long term ex and I have decided to get back together. Our breakup was not a painful one and we didn't break up so much as take a break as we were starting our career paths. We were the first and only sexual parter for one another when we began. We're starting to catch up with one another and get...

View more questions Search