Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Mar 23, 2008, 08:56 PM
    My Body
    Here it goes,

I've always Been an active yet lazy Person.. Between Kindergarten and 5th grade I wasn't the healthist kid on the block (I had a 2nd Chin). Well then I got into Middle School Wrestling and I Got my a$$ moving. I probably lost about 40 pounds and my Body Fat Percentage went from 25% to 9.7% (As of November of 07) But my problem is I Have HORRIBLE Eating Habits. I usually nearly starve myself in wrestling. I also don't work out after wresting. All that hardwork I get in the wrestling season I lose in the offseason. Then I have to work out HARDER to get into BETTer shape... To fix this I Joined Football.. Wreslting usually goes intbetween September-Febuary and football from April-December. But Even with Football On weekends I find myself Lounging around the house in my southpark PJ's. I've lost a lot of fat but I still have a little "chunk" left. So Here's the goal

1) Get muscle for Wrestling
    2) Get Endurance and tonement for Wrestling
    3) Get speed for football

I have a gym membership with a fairly nice weight room, Racqutball courts (Which I play), and pool. BUT I HATE RUNNING. I absoutlly hate running so much. So my questions are

1) What's a good diet That'll help me lose fat and gain muscle
    2) What weight routine should I do to get my muscle
    3) Finally what are some alternatives to running that'll get rid of my Gut. I wouldn't mind swimming everday to get rid of running
    serenitynow422 Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Mar 23, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Hi there I think I have some answers to your Q's
    1) A good diet is all based on your body, in actuallity some foods that a good for one person aren't very good for another. So when it comes to diets don't follow what was good for other people such as the Berenstien or the Atkins those are really NOT very good diets for your body. But I can recommend you eat proteins til' lunch and then carbs for the rest of the day. Cut out the cookies (you don't have to do this entirely just have one or two not the entire box). Eat healthy foods, there aren't specific foods that will help you loose weight but they will help you not gain it back. :)
    2) High Weight Low Rep
    3) Well there's swimming which is good that works your entire body, but there is also biking or the cross trainer. I would highly recommend a spin class. I go and they are amazing core and cardio work outs.

BTW if you want to get rid of flab you have to do more cardio, you can do the muscle training but that will only tone the muscle under the fat the fat won't really go away. So you have to do something like biking, etc. (which is cardio :P)

Hope this help <3

Mar 23, 2008, 10:57 PM
    AS WELL stay away from the alcohol it makes the internal organs swell up and gives you a gut

Mar 23, 2008, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serenitynow422
    Hi there I think I have some answers to your Q's
    1) A good diet is all based on your body, in actuallity some foods that a good for one person aren't very good for another. So when it comes to diets don't follow what was good for other people such as the Berenstien or the Atkins those are really NOT very good diets for your body. But I can recommend you eat proteins til' lunch and then carbs for the rest of the day. Cut out the cookies (you don't have to do this entirely just have one or two not the entire box). Eat healthy foods, there aren't specific foods that will help you loose weight but they will help you not gain it back. :)
    2) High Weight Low Rep
    3) Well theres swimming which is good that works your entire body, but there is also biking or the cross trainer. I would highly recommend a spin class. I go and they are amazing core and cardio work outs.

BTW if you want to get rid of flab you have to do more cardio, you can do the muscle training but that will only tone the muscle under the fat the fat won't really go away. So you have to do something like biking, ect. (which is cardio :P)

hope this help <3
    When you say High weight low rep would 3 sets of 7 be good?
    Also Spin Class?

Mar 23, 2008, 11:47 PM
    More like 5 sets of 3 you want a weight that will make you huff. Spin class is like a still biking class with an instructor they cost little like 2 dollars or something.

Mar 24, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Swimming is Cardro Correct?

Mar 24, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Yup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something is going on with my body can someone help me? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok my last period was on November 15 and I normaly go 7 days first day always painful rest of the days heavy. Well to go on with my story I am currently nervous about what is going on with me because it has never happened to me before so I started on the 15th and bled my 7 days but spotted lightly...

My body [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 years old, 6 feet 4 inches tall and I weigh 13 stone. That is not a lot at my height but I'm not really skinny in my opinion. I want to build my body to weigh about 16 stone and it be mostly muscle! I do 50 situps every night and eat 3 meals a day and junk in between I intake more then...

What could be going on with my body? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29 and I have a ? I'm not sure what's going on with my body... I have very tender and swollen breasts, my nipples have white dots on them and if squeezed a whitish liquid comes out , slight headaches, moody I get mad and sad at a drop of a hat, I can't sleep on my stomach , it hurts even...

View more questions Search