Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becky86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Unknown Trojan shutting down Internet Explorer
    I have a home built computer with Windows Vista operating system. I clicked on a link that infected my system with a Trojan, though I don't know which one.

When I open Internet Explorer, here is the "System Error!" I get:

"Your computer was infected by unknown trojan. It's dangerous for your system (critical files can be lost!) Click OK to download the antispyware program to clean your system! (Recommended)".

I have not clicked 'OK', I simply close the window, and Internet Explorer shuts down. I have scanned my computer with Ad-Aware 2007 and Symantec AntiVirus, but it is unable to remove anything. I have also tried to scan my computer with these programs with the system restore off, but it also did nothing. I also tried deleting my Java cache, but it did nothing, too.

*EDIT* 12:19am Monday, March 24 2008****
    The trojan is affecting C:\Windows\ausctv32a.dll

I do not know what Trojan is on my computer, but I would appreciate any help and advice any of you have. Please respond soon. Thank you in advance!
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Go to SAFE MODE with networking -- run a scan with these programs -- How To Get Into Safe Mode

Online Scan
    BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan

Online Scan
    The home of Spybot-S&D!

Online Scan
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/Also use this program to get rid of junk

Download CCleaner 2.05.555 - filehippo.com

Download Latest Version Of Ccleaner and run it
    tweedg Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 08:15 PM
    I have been using AVG security AVG Anti-Virus and Internet Security - Real-time protection against viruses, spyware and malicious websites. I've had it a couple years now and all those spam pop-up are gone. I highly recommend this free program. I've tried some other ones and this is the best for me.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Apr 12, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot Security News from the net: Spybot search and destroy spyware and popups and superantispyware Security News from the net: SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version) to get rid of the nasties

Run a complete scan with free curing utility Dr.Web CureIt!
    Dr.Web CureIt! – download free anti-virus! Cure viruses, Best free anti-virus scanner!

The best bullet proofed browser is
    Firefox+Adblock Plus +noscript
    Download and run Firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through internet explorer (Trojan downloaders, win32 ) .Then update your windows through Firefox
    Browser attacks aren't easy to spot because they piggyback on legitimate traffic that doesn't exhibit many obvious warning signs
    Security News from the net: spyware fighter essentials
    Install addition protection into Firefox with
    Adblock Plus
    Adblock Plus: Installation
    There's a browser safer than Firefox...
    ... it is Firefox, with NoScript!
    NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - get it! - InformAction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Check Connection: Unknown [ 3 Answers ]

On an older P2 machine, this error message continues to come up - 20 or 30 times in a minute. I believe that internally some part of Windows, perhaps a registry setting, has been corrupted; the API definitely uses this call for various purposes. I would like to STOP this from coming up. Have...

94 ford explorer shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

Ijust replaced fuel filter on my suv. The old one was so clogged I could barely blo through it. I also ran out of gas 2 times the week before I replaced it .now it barely runs and will shut off when I try to drive it, like it out of gas . I do have enuf gas in it . But when its running it will fill...

Unknown internet activity [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I've noticed unknown internet activity on my computer. I'm running xp and have anti virus software, spyware and zonealarm, etc. I'm using a dialup connection and while this unknown activity takes place browsing becomes very slow. Could someone please advise me how I can determine just...

Unknown download from internet [ 1 Answers ]

I left my PC on last night to run a viruscan. When I checked it this morning I had no viruses but I noticed that something was downloading data onto my PC from the internet. I determined this by checking a program I have called DU Meter which monitors the flow of network traffic across my...

View more questions Search