Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondie11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2003, 01:02 AM
    Picking a dress color
    :-/okie dokie we have a semi-formal dance coming up in may, and its kind of like a mini-prom (im in 8th grade) and the girls all wear dresses. My question is, how do I know what color(s) to look for? I have medium blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and your typical winter pale skin.
    Im thinking black, but if anyone has suggestions, let me know. Thanks!
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2003, 01:20 PM
    Picking a dress color
    I think maybe baby blue or light pink.
    dahtcalmer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2004, 08:28 AM
    Picking a dress color
    Go with black velvet (always tres chic) and think about cherry tips on your hair :)
    jerseygurl4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2004, 03:48 PM
    Picking a dress color
    There is something like that happening in my school 2 and I also need advice. I have light brown hair with some blonde in it, pale skin, and green eyes any idea on what color dress I should wear. PS I'm also in 8th grade. :-*
    bamachickl2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2005, 07:45 PM
    Hey you, I have a semi formal comin' up in Feb. I'm in 9th grade, but went last year. I'm green eyes, blondish hair,straight hair, little past my shoulders pale (but I'm tanning for it with some stuff from bath and body works) and I have a dress. Its black with some burgundy. I think that you should wear black, it looks the best, it does have to be simple, just find a dress that has a great style. But other colors look good to like pink (I''m goin' to prom this year and I already have my dress and its pink) Dark reds look good too. W/e u do, don't go with a print. I notice last year that the people who had prints really ddnt look good, I hope this helps! Can any of you help me with my hair!
    Meg
    Miriam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2005, 04:38 PM
    Brunnetteqt
    Hey!
    I'm in eighth grade and my formal is coming up. I have really dark brown hair what color should my dress be? :p
    bamachickl2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2005, 07:02 PM
    Hey!
    It depends, what is your skin tone? If your dark, whites and basically you can wear anytihng. I'm pale, and I wore black, to both my semi-formals(my 8th and 9th grade) I'm still in 9th, anyway, and to prom I'm wearin' a pink dress, and I'm goin' to the tanning bed. My advice would be to go shoppin', pick out what you like and think looks good, and everyone will have the same opinion as u. if your uncertain about your decisions, go shoppin' with a friend. Well g2g!
    Meg
    dramagrl_101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2005, 11:25 AM
    Hey
    Hey everybody. Could you please help me? My 8th grade prom is coming up, but I don't know a dress color that would look good on me :( I have dark brown hair with some red. I have light skin and dark brown eyes. Please reply!
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2005, 01:31 PM
    Advice to you all. Since you are all 8th graders, I would suggest you play around with colors. Go pastel if you can. Green, blues are excellent colors especially against pale skin. If you like, match your dress to your eye color. If you have dark green ones, go green. It will bring out that feature. Seen Eva Longoria on the red carpet? She plays with colors & she looks gorgeous. Another thing, green is the new black so I think you cannot go wrong with it. Black? Maybe in a few years time but now, take advantage of your youth. Try other colors. Coz when you grow older, you will have your fill of these black numbers. Hope I am of help. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 8, 2005, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    Advice to you all. Since you are all 8th graders, I would suggest you play around with colors. Go pastel if you can. Green, blues are excellent colors especially against pale skin. If you like, match your dress to your eye color. If you have dark green ones, go green. It will bring out that feature. Seen Eva Longoria on the red carpet? She plays with colors & she looks gorgeous. Another thing, green is the new black so I think you cannot go wrong with it. Black? Maybe in a few years time but now, take advantage of your youth. Try other colors. Coz when you grow older, you will have your fill of these black numbers. Hope I am of help. :)
    Dimples, your advice is indeed helpful. Green is a must have color in your wardrobe.
    -

Nov 8, 2005, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl_101
    Hey everybody. Could you please help me? My 8th grade prom is coming up, but I don't know a dress color that would look good on me :( I have dark brown hair with some red. I have light skin and dark brown eyes. Please reply!
    The dress colors that would look flattering with your hair color are blue, green, gold, black and brown. But we shouldn't choose dresses based on just our hair or eye color. It's best to find a dress that you know will look good on you.

Purchase something you feel you will look good in. To figure out your style, you can look through magazines. Decide whether you want to go long or short with your dress. When you have an idea on how you would like your prom dress to be, go shopping and look around. You should consider trying on dresses with your mother and girlfriends present. They can help you decide which dress is right for you. (Remember to be confident, feeling good about yourself on the inside will make you feel great on the outside)

Have the time of your life after all the night only happens once. ;)
    swmjss170 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Perfect Dress
    So at the end of the school year my school throws a dance just fro the 8th graders. Sort of like a, you survived middle school congrats, party and it is semi-formal. It is supposed to be a fun relaxing time but it is really like a make you or break you event. I need to know my perfect dress color so I won't have to worry about looking horrible. I have Dark Blonde/ Light Brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes. Please help me.
    Thank you so much.:o
    dramagrl_101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2005, 02:09 PM
    Thank you
    Thanks for the ideas!
    -

Dec 29, 2005, 11:14 PM
    Swmjss, finding the right dress isn't only a matter of style. It's about finding a dress that fits your body shape and makes you feel good. You will look good in pastel colors, pink or blue will look really pretty on you.

Your so welcome, dramagrl.
    swmjss170 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 04:55 PM
    Thank you sooo much! I am sure that all of my friends will have an awesome time at the dance.:)
    -

Dec 31, 2005, 01:27 AM
    Swmjss, your welcome. Girls, if you or your friends have any beauty and fashion questions, I will be more than happy to answer them. I hope you have fun at the dance. ;)
    maina07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2006, 05:51 PM
    i need help 2
    I'm going to my high school prom in may. Im 17 years old. Very light skin tone - with sum pink actually. I have dark brown hair - with a little bit of red and blonde in it. I don't no what color dress to look for?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
    I think you would probably look really good in red or black. If you have blue eyes I say blue would really bring them out. Green also sounds like a good color for you. Do you happen to have a picture?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 3, 2006, 07:22 PM
    Thanks for the pm. You would definitely look good in green or different shades of brownand everyone looks good in pink. Just my opinion.Your eyes are the same color as mine. For make up I say go with black eye liner and black mascara and brown shades for the eyes. For evening time a darker( not too much) brown on the lids and a very light shade of brown above that and blend it. Almay sells eye shadows that help to bring out your eyes by providing shades specifically made for your eye color. You should look at the one for hazel. You maywant to model some different colors of dresses for your friends or your family. They may be able to help you decide on which dress looks the best.
    -

Jan 3, 2006, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maina07
    im going to my high school prom in may. Im 17 years old. very light skin tone - with sum pink actually. i have dark brown hair - with alittle bit of red and blonde in it. i dont no what color dress to look for?
    If your skin is very light, colors like green, red and blue will compliment your skin color. Also try aqua, violet, bright pink, periwinkle. Whenever, I'm getting ready to model in my friends fashion shows, girls would come up to me for advice on clothes and makeup. So I would take the time to talk to them about what colors will look the nice on them. I think you should play around with colors and have fun with it, it's always good to experiment with clothes and make up to see what looks flattering on you. And you should also wear colors that you feel comfortable in. Have a good time at your prom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

I need help with picking a dress. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a sophomore and I am going to my boyfriends schools semi-formal winter carnival dance. I don't want to be to dressed up since I don't know many of the people there. I am 5' 4", brownish hair, brown eyes, freckles, and kind of tan but not really. And I like darker colors. I also am not looking...

Dress color drama [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have dcided to have something different for grad, so I decided that I am going to have a tekchita made for my grad dress. This style is from morocco,africa. Anyhow, I can't decide what color to have my tekchita. I have fair skin tone, hazelish green eyes, my face shape I guess is round,I'm...

Dyson 04, not picking up properly. [ 1 Answers ]

My Dyson 04 is not picking up properly, unless I push the front down with my foot. As soon as I alter the angle of the handle it stops picking up again until I press down on the front again. The suction is great, the cyclone is turning, I have removed the baseplate and reassembled it. Grateful for...

Picking a Operating System [ 3 Answers ]

I have a PII 400MHz PC with 64MB RAM. What Operating system would you run on this machine. Is WIN98 still supported? Thanks, Tech Man

View more questions Search