Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 04:17 AM
    Smoke/Fog machine
    Hi all,

We are making a small play in my community and I would like to add some visual effects to it. I thoughtabout adding some smoke (like TV shows, etc).

Anyone to give me some idea how to build a DIY smoke machine?

Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Hi, jbl,
    Here is one of many links with some tips on creating visual effects:
    http://www.theatrefx.com/funfacts.html

Dry ice machines are also used to create "smoke". Maybe you could rent one, or even rent another type of smoke machine in your local area.
    Best of luck.
    brushninja Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Fog machines can now be bought VERY inexpensively. I would check eBay, craigslist and even your local freecycle websites. (I just saw one used for 15 bucks). No matter if you buy or build one, look online for building a "fog chiller" for your fog machine. I'm not sure what effect you're going for, but a fog chiller keeps the fog low on the ground. Might help keep your actors from running into each other.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 26, 2006, 09:59 PM
    Check any local party supply store or costume store... most of the time in stock to rent but cheap to buy when in season especially at places like a walmart or target

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke Detectors Going off for no reason [ 13 Answers ]

Our smoke detectors in our home go off in the middle of the night for no reason. It starts w/ one and then before you know it all of them are going off. We have tried to vacumn them but they still go off at least once a month. They are only 4 years old.

Smoke detectors going off [ 12 Answers ]

Our smoke/fire detectors went off in the middle of the night--the one downstairs first, then the one upstairs, with no detectable cause. We opened some windows and the shrieking stopped. What could have caused this? This morning as we sat at the breakfast table, a bright light flashed above...

Do home smoke detectors emit a signal? [ 6 Answers ]

When a home smoke detector is operating does it emit an electronic signal of some sort? If there is such a signal is the frequency known, does it interfere with anything? Is it noticeable, are people sensitive to it?

Briggs & Stratton blows white smoke [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cub Cadit garden tractor 1500 series with a Briggs & stratton engine When coming off an incline the engine starts bolwing white smoke like it is pulling engine oil into combustion chamber. What causes this?

View more questions Search