Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catwoman08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Tight one shouldn't be having dinners on a budget- unless it's a budget DINNER :)

Then is should be down to earth and fun and the more the merrier!

Sounds like someone has hidden issues??

What's the REAL story?.
    Mother2Many Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Fancy Dinner must not be for "Real Family" if you can't squeeze in a few more people...
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 05:10 PM
    catwoman, we refrain from name-calling on this board, doing so is likely to result in you being banned from the site. In all of your posts you have insulted someone - not a good way to start.

mother2many, perhaps you need to read the original post again - this is not a casual dinner, it is a sit-down dinner. It is reasonable to assume the OP has a specific number of pieces of fish, or steak, or chicken, or whatever she is serving, and it would be difficult to suddenly accommodate six additional people. But regardless, it's still rude of those invited to invite people on their own. The hostess of any party gets the final say on who attends.
    Mother2Many Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Personaly, I think that they should have checked with the "other family members" to see if they were going to be in town so that feelings wouldn't be hurt.It would have saved all this trouble,and chances are since the family is from out of town, they would have declined the invite... You should always try to think ahead...
    me123abc Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2008, 06:19 PM
    I would like to thank the original AskMe members for responding to the post.

Unfortunately it appears that my charming family members have made it to this post and are
    Trying to justify their position. Seems a bit odd there are a slew of new members all posting negative remarks doesn't it? Pleasant group aren't they.

No worries. My advise to anyone in this situation would be to come down with the flu. You, the kids, the cat, dogs, everyone is sick and cancel the party. Order pizza, lock the doors, pull the blinds, unplug the phone, and gather your kids & husband around the TV to watch your favorite movies. After all, that is what is important.

FYI family members. You were wrong about who started this post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

MANY out of town guests. Who pays? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am getting married in about 11 months and have a question about who pays for what. I am from Pittsburgh, PA and my fiancé is from Fort Wayne, IN. We both went to college in Lafayette, IN and recently moved to Oklahoma City, OK to start our careers. We are planning to have our wedding...

Family wedding guests [ 3 Answers ]

If a bride says she is inviting immediate family, including siblings and their children, is it proper etiquette for her to exclude her one brother's children?

Ribbon guests [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of including an enclosure in the invitation that says Ribbon Guests for family to give the ushers when entering the church.

View more questions Search