Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliequickle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Lawsiut for malpractice
    I had surgery and now I am having more problems than before. How long do I have to file a lawsuit in Ohio

Mar 23, 2008, 08:07 AM
    How long do I have before I can no longr file a lawsuit

Mar 23, 2008, 08:08 AM
    How long do I have to file a malpractice lawsuit
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 03:32 PM
    You need to have lots and lots of medical records to back up what you've just said. Have you sought a second opinion on your present sitaution? Consult with a medical malpractice attorney before you go any further. Med Mal is easy to say but almost impossible to prove unless you have good back up records to prove it. I don't remember the exact time frame on the filing of a suit but there are steps you can do that alert the doctor that there is a suit in the brewing - you have to do these steps before you can file a med mal suit. Consult with an attorney. Your consultation should be free. If the attorney thinks you have a good case and could possibly win, you may be asked to help with the costs for experts and their testimony and review of your medical records. The review of the medical records can get very expensive depending on what happened to you. Have you also had any kind of reconstructive surgery to correct the other surgeon's mistake?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 04:33 PM
    1. Have you been back to the doctor to see if and what the issue is.
    2. You will need for a malpractice suit, evidence from other doctors ( who will testify in court against another doctor) that your problem is caused from the previouis medical treatment, and not only is it from it, but something during the other treatment was not done according to proper medical procedure.

So you will need to hire a couple medical experts to review all of your previous treatments, and find out your current issues.

You need to find an talk with a malpractice attorney someone that does jut that, they will be up on the time frame and know the costs of the medical research that needs to be done.
    mcb7 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2008, 09:16 PM
    I don't know how Ohio is, but I know that in Pennsylvania you have (2) two years from whenever you had the surgery. I hope this helps you a little. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical malpractice [ 11 Answers ]

I have a friend that was misdiagonised by 2 different Dr.s . Her foot is dislocated and fractured. She was told she had a severe sprain and that was it. She couldn't stand the pain so she went to another Dr. he told her that she waited to long to see a Dr. She has seen 3 Surgens and only one of...

Malpractice suit [ 3 Answers ]

If I had my tubes tied in October and I get pregnant anyway can I sue the doctor if he didn't tie then or just tied one tube.

Sueing for malpractice [ 2 Answers ]

A physian performed atoe nail removal surgery on me even though my toe was'nt numb. She used an electric saw and I pleaded with her to stop because my toe was'nt numb. It was unbearable pain and suffering. I screamed all the way home. My daughter called her and said she had never seen me in this...

Can I sue for malpractice? [ 5 Answers ]

A doctor suggested that I switch my form of birth control from Depo-Provera to a paragard copper iud. He didn't do a pelvic exam before insertion. Insertion was terribly painful and I was off work for a week. I had constant pain and couldn't feel the strings that were supposed to be outside my...

View more questions Search