Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramK Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 07:03 AM
    I filed 2007 Tax return married filing jointly and used ITIN for my wife now got SSN
    Hi:

I filed my 2007 tax return(Married filing jointly) but I used ITIN for my wife, I heard to eligible for economic stimulas package both should have SSN, Now my wife received SSN , is there any possibility to amend my 2007 tax return with my wife SSN? Do you think that way I am eligible for this rebate?

Thanks
    Ram
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Ram:

Amend the return using the SSN.

That should restore your eligibility and you will get the check sometime in the fall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NY State Return -Wife No SSN/ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

I am filing 1040NREZ for the year 2007 as Married Non Resident Alien, inputting my SSN. I need to file NY State Return as non resident to get the refund. I have to file as "Married filing separately" only. But in the state return, what should I write for spouse SSN/ITIN since she has none of this?...

Stimulus Payments for Married filing Jointly (one with SSN and other with ITIN) [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks all for you help regarding to Federal and State taxes. I have an SSN, but my spouse has a ITIN. Can we both get a payment Stimulated Tax Payment? If not then am I eligible to get Stimulus Payments. We already filed a taxes as married filing jointly. Regards.

Married filing jointly for 2006 spouse arrived on Jan 2007 no itin 2 state filings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm on H1 since Nov05. In 2006, I had 2 life events: Marriage & Moving I have the following questions: 1. I got married in Dec2006. My spouse arrived in Jan07 & is a homemaker after marriage. Do I file as Married filing jointly or Married filing separately? 2. I have 2 State...

Non-resident H4 - filing jointly or married filing separately, and ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got married in the middle of last year and moved later in 2006 to the USA (h4 visa, spouse H1 visa). I do not meet the substantial presence test for 2006 (taking into account the previous two years and computing) or the green card test. As I understand, we can only file jointly if I...

2006 Tax - H1B Married Filing jointly, ITIN for H4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am H1B holder working from July 2006. I am placed in client location in Illinois. But I was getting my paystub from California(Employer 1 - California Employer) till Nov 2006. And for December 2006 I got pay stub from Illinois(Employer 2 - Illinois Employer). I have got two W2 forms. My...

View more questions Search