Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 23, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Is it me, or the women I choose?
    Lately things for me have been INSANE. It seems I thrive on drama girls... the ones that just have some baggage, a boyfreind, or some other hang up. The girl I am "in love with" has a boyfriend and I won't go there, the girl I am "seeing" is emotionally gone, and the girl that wants me I don't want. I am so tired with all of this I don't know what to do. I have been in the dating game for so lomg I have no idea what is going on.

I am thinking I need a break from women in general and just wait for something to "happen" but I am getting so much pressure from my family to get married and have babies it is crazy.

Same ol Jeff, new drama. Ideas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 05:50 AM
    First no, you can't be "in love" with someone you have not even dated,
    And yes, if you are chasing after girls that have current girl fiends, you are basically a player who is trying to steal someone else's girls.
    Sounds like you should look at what you really want
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 23, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffatl
    Lately things for me have been INSANE. It seems I thrive on drama girls....the ones that just have some baggage, a boyfreind, or some other hang up. the girl I am "in love with" has a boyfriend and I won't go there, the girl I am "seeing" is emotionally gone, and the girl that wants me I don't want. I am so tired with all of this I don't know what to do. I have been in the dating game for so lomg I have no idea what is going on.

I am thinking I need a break from women in general and just wait for something to "happen" but I am getting so much pressure from my family to get married and have babies it is crazy.

Sounds to me that you are looking for women who are unavailable because you are simply not ready for a commitment sure you want a companion, but just because you keep attracting yourself to women who seems to not be available in a world where there are many women who are single, and available tells me that you are really not sure what you want, and acting rebellious subconsciously with your parents wishes, therefore you will attract yourself to women who are unavailable sort of an excuse to not be in a relationship. Perhaps, you should reconsider where you are meeting this women (hope its not the bar) because that could be your problem right there, but the reality is if you are not ready then you don't have to rush into anything, but when you do invest time insomeone make sure they are available
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 04:17 PM
    You can't let your parents run your life as I suspect they just want you to settle down and live a decent quiet life with GRANDKIDS, for them. You aren't ready, and you do really need to change your hunting grounds, or something, as you seem to go after the same type of female. Hey guy, date them all, but commit to no one. Why should you? How about structuring your life to what interests you, and broaden your horizons, and put new people into your life. The only way to change things, is to go down another path.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
    EXACTLY Talin! I think I am just letting the pressure get to me and I'm not really having fun anymore. I am seeing a new girl now (kind of) and my parents HATE HER! It's kind of funny though, because I feel like a damn teenager and like her more because of it almost. She is 21 and I am 26... I normally don't go for the "younger girls" because I am so busy with work I can't keep up. The funny/bad part is we are SO similar it is scary. We are both leos and stubborn as hell, but we have fun together! I have known her for a while, and resisted her advances because to be honest... she is not really my "type". She has a lot of tattoos and piercings, but I kind of dig that about her. She really brings me out of my shell, but we do have a lot of conflict as well. I know I am not ready to commit, or have kids... so I think I just need to stop trying to find "the one" because my parents want me to and have fun again. Thanks guys!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 03:45 AM
    Tatoos tend to turn parents off, but we aren't the ones dating her.:eek:
    Ndama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffatl
    Lately things for me have been INSANE. It seems I thrive on drama girls....the ones that just have some baggage, a boyfreind, or some other hang up. the girl I am "in love with" has a boyfriend and I won't go there, the girl I am "seeing" is emotionally gone, and the girl that wants me I don't want. I am so tired with all of this I don't know what to do. I have been in the dating game for so lomg I have no idea what is going on.

It's you! You have given your parents access to control your life. You have allowed them to get in you mind. Psychologically, you are thinking the way they want you to think. You are feeling as if you are doing something wrong or searching in the wrong place. It is fine for mom and dad to comment, everybody have the rights to judge another individual. Try not to let it get to you. Stop searching for love because you will not find it. Relax an let love find you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

Which should I choose? [ 4 Answers ]

My friends invited me to a movie. And I planned on going with them but then my boyfriend asked me to go to the movie. But then my friends asked me to invite him to the movies with us. I know my friends don't really like him that much so I think it would be awkard. I really need help. Any ideas?

What can I do.I have to choose one [ 10 Answers ]

Well it a longer story then it seems but ill tell you what I need help with. My friend and his girlfriend have been dating about 6 monthes and are said to be engaged(hes 18 , she's 15). She likes him a lot and he does to but its as though he just is missing something.His girlfriends close friend is...

Which do I choose? [ 5 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend have had sex 3 times, the first two consecutively, and the third about a week ago. He has never ejaculated, and we have had unprotected sex all three times. The first time he did not like the condom he used(he tried 2) so we just did it raw. The last time we had sexual...

View more questions Search