Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyboutyu22 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Birth control
    I want to get birth control to make my periods lighter and shorter and on time how do I go about getting my mom to get it for me how should I ask her?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 10:55 PM
    That would have to be prescribed by a doctor, so ask her to please make a doctor's appointment for you.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 11:56 PM
    I always like to do things casually. Like, "my period is sooo heavy! and it's been like this the entire week! i was thinking about trying bc so i'm not so miserable...what do you think?"

How old are you anyway? It does have to be prescribed by a doc. But I doubt that you actually even have to have your mom involved at all (altho it is nice to so you have someone close to talk to and ask questions of). My dr sent my mom out of the room the second we asked about because. Lol I don't know if its just for my state or all states, but here in ca my doctor's aren't even allowed to tell that I'm on because just because of the confidentiality laws.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Mar 23, 2008, 12:39 AM
    She actually doesn't need to know your on it... its still best to talk to her about this but you can go to the doctor yourself and get it... and its confidential
    serenitynow422 Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Mar 23, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Its better if she knows you go on it but if you can't talk to her just make an appointment with your doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control [ 6 Answers ]

Does birth control effect how your mood is? Make you more catty? My friend's friend has been on birth control and she claims her iness towards the pill. Can it be?

Birth control [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently noticed how many questions we have about birth control. I would like to know what types of birth control you liked the most and the good and the bad about them. I know this sounds like a homework assignment but it may help someone to make a decision about what form to use as a...

Birth Control [ 5 Answers ]

:( I was at odds with this discission. My daughter has sever periods that she has missed School many times because of it,I spoke with my gyno and she recommend birth control For this problem. She assured me that a lot of girls now even as early as 11yrs old go no it Too. My concern was is it an...

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to start your period when you come of birth control. I was taking it for 4 months and my period would always start the next day or two. I quit taking it for good to try and get pregnant. Its been 3 weeks today that I stopped taking it. Does this mean I'm pregnant.

View more questions Search