Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123water Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2006, 05:15 PM
    Hampton Bay Fans turn on for no reason
    My Hampton Bay Fan turns on in the middle of the night when I am asleep. Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this problem?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Something may be interfering with it. You need to switch to a different code. Both the remote and receiver have 4 tiny switches. They need to be set alike, but different from any near by fans or other things.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 07:13 PM
    These tiny switches are called the "dip switches". The ones in the remote are, well, in the remote. The ones on the fan will either be on top of the motor, in the switch housing, or in the canopy.

More information on ceiling fan remote issues here:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that had beautiful ceiling fan in the master bedroom. This fan's blades have a ticking noise that increases as the speed is turned up. They are the snap in type blade not screw-in. I have tried to remove and replace them, used shims, and balanced the fan over and over...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan and it was installed by the contractor doing other work in our house. When the four (4) lights are on in the fan, after some time (one hr or so) the lights go off by themselves... also, if the fan is off, after a while it goes on by itself. The light is...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

We just recently moved into a house where the previous owner installed Hampton Bay ceiling fans. My problem is the fans do not turn on. They are remote control so my first response was to change the battery in the remotes. My next thought was to change the wiring in the ceiling and make it turn on...

Hampton bay remote and fans [ 3 Answers ]

OK I moved into this house and there are two hampton bay fans with lights On both fans the lights do not work. On one of the fans I cannot get the Fan to go on to whatever speed I want, it is at the lowest and will not change. Now I found a remote here from hampton bay and someone things it...

My dilemma with Hampton Bay fans... [ 7 Answers ]

I have two 52" Maplewood ceiling fans by Hampton Bay. Both of them are inoperative because I cannot pull the cord switch from the center of the fan to turn the light on or off. Can you help me? What exacerbates the damn thing is that I have two new ones that I haven't mounted yet and this will be...

View more questions Search