Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Umaxman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Hot water temp.
    Hi folks
    I had a water pump problem and ended up replacing it with a new one.
    The problem started after the install of the new pump, when you adjust the water temp. for the shower and then turn the shower on, the water temperature drops to almost cold:eek: and you have to turn the hot way up to get it back:confused: Like I said this just started after I put the new pump in.
    The hot water tank is working fine(both elements)
    The old pump was a 1/3 hp and I replaced it with a 1/2 hp, this is installed on a drilled well with double line.
    Anyone have any ideas why this would happen:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Hey Max,

Sounds like you disturbed some build up on the pipe wall in installing the pump and now it's broke loose and in your system. The first fixture to make a draw sucked it up into the inlet ports of the cartridge where its bkocking the inlets. The answer is to shut the water off to the vakve and open it up, remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. Now,m with the valve still open turn the water back on for a minute and flush out the supplies.
    Reassemble and test. Better now? Regards, Tom
    Umaxman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 07:30 AM
    Thanks I will try that, although the whole system is basically all new pipes and hot water heater is less than 2 years old. Problem might be in the taps as they are old.
    Thanks I will let you know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hdd temp [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a DELL DIMENSION 9500. When I check with HDD HEALTH, it warns me that the drive (western digital) temp is 60 or 70 deg Celsius. It also says CRITICAL. What can I do. Is there another way to check ?

Temp Internet Folder [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how web searches are ending up in the internet web folders marked as cookies? And how to stop it. I can't view anything. As soon as I click on something instead of it opening up it downloads to the temporary internet folder. Thank you!:rolleyes:

Solution for water temp changes in showers? [ 3 Answers ]

I've read a lot about water pressure problems in showers when other faucets are turned on, however, my issue is more with the water temperature changing. Our house was built in 1999 in the Austin, Texas area - is on city water and is a two story home (both showers are upstairs). The water...

Question about supply temp. & return temp. [ 3 Answers ]

The AC system produced supply temps. At 57-60 degrees on the first floor With a return temp. of 71 degrees. The second floor supply temp. is at 59 degrees with a return temp. of 72 degrees. I know there should be at least a 15 degree temp. difference from the supply to return. There was also an...

Engine temp. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a 1977 Ford LTD II with a Ford 400 cu.in engine. This engine has always had a problem with its temperature when the car is stuck in a traffic jam. Is this normal for this engines? In heavy traffic I can't turn on the a/c because de temp rise fast and reaches the overheat range....

View more questions Search