Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lane0438 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Pass port and child suport
    If I owe back child support but my ex wife has choose not to inforce it and now the child lives with me. Can I be denied a pass port?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Hello lane:

I don't think so.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Well first, if the child is now living with you, you need to go back to court and get physcial custody awarded to you, even if the child is living with you, if the child support order has not been changed, it is still due and owed.

Also remember even if she is not coming after it, if they ever have to receive government help, you could still be held liable and the state may look into the child support issues.

There are some issues on passport but if you are not listed with the child support collection department of the state, I doubt you are listed on a record to stop you from getting one
    melnbrent Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 01:30 AM

Yes, you can be denied a passport if you owe back support. My fiance' owes a lot of back support due to it accruing while he was incarcerated. He was denied a passport. I'm not sure if you're denied based on a certain dollar amount that you are in arrears or if just being behind will cause you to be denied.

It would be best to get it cleared up before you apply or perhaps try to get a letter from the courts that you can attach to your passport application. Not sure if that would help, but might be worth a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modem com port 4 [ 4 Answers ]

I have come across this problem a few times but can never remember how I fixed it. My modem is installing on COM port 4, I only have COM port 1 and 2. I have NO resource conflicts, have uninstalled and reinstalled many times with the same result. Thanks Dan

How do you free a port [ 1 Answers ]

How do you free a port?I want to play a game o but I can't host and I need to free a port to do that

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

View more questions Search