Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikeCanada Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Refill My ink cartridges
    Hi,

I would like to know how to refilll the ink cartridges for my Brother MFC-240C?
    I have a refill kit, but its not listed in the refill directions and have no idea where to make the hole.

Any assistance would be great.
    Thanks Nike
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 04:58 PM
    This link has an explanation -- had hoped for step-by-step pictures

WikiAnswers - How do you refill brother ink cartridges

Refilling Ink Cartridges Secret\'s Of A Pro

Refilling Ink Cartridges Secret's Of A Pro - Technology Info

YouTube - Refill ink cartridge

Refill Printer Cartridge For $5 Video - Metacafe
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Before you run off and use re-filled cartridges, be aware of several things. First, you may void the warranty, if any remains, and the refilled cartridge causes damages to the print head.

Second, when you use the factory's version of the ink, you are getting correct chemical composition of the ink, refill ink normally is as close as they can come without hitting a patent issue.

Yes, factory ink is more expensive, but if factory ink causes a problem, you can then cross swords with the factory. Re filled ink, you are not going to go any where because of the disclaimers they have in place.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
    From my experience people seem to have a 50-50 chance with refilled carts. Half the people have used them successfully, The other half have ruined their printers. Personally, I don't like those odds. Even if you don't ruin the printer, inks are formulated specifically to work with the printers so you just will not get as good results with third party inks.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Yep
    I used refill once to try save some money and ruined my printer , its false economy in my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta faucet cartridges . [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced both of the seat cartridges in our lavatory faucet. They work fine now and don't leak anymore. But during the past few weeks they have become more hard to turn on and off. Is there a reason for this that anyone knows of? It almost feels as if something is tightened too much, but...

Replacement Ink Cartridges for CHIP-Based Printers (like MP600) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My question is about COMPATIBLE Replacement INK CARTRIDGES. I have a Canon MP600. The cost of a full set of replacement ink is about $80 CDN at the minimum. These cartridges come with a chip. I am wondering if anyone had any success using COMPATIBLE ink cartridges (BY REPLACING THE CHIP...

How do I change kohler sink cartridges [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change kohler sink cartridges

Generic ink cartridges [ 10 Answers ]

Do generic ink cartridges harm a printer --Lexmark-- and if so how? I had used them successfully in the past, but this time one of them doesn't work. The black doesn't print. Have I damaged the printer? Is there anything I can do?

View more questions Search