Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meanoldcrab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
    About my mini Daschund
    Can any one tell me how offen a daschund female goes into heat or season, I got a female in dec.2007 the last owner says she was in heat in August. Its now march 2008 she still hasn't not gone onto heat. I have a male dauschund which is five years old and the female is two years old I would like to breed them one time for the pups .not to sale pups but to get to some of my family free. What I need to know is how offen should the female be in heat ?
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Mar 22, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Probably around six or seven months cycles beginning a little before one year. Start counting days at the first sign of any blood discharge from the vulva. Just remember that every dog is different regarding when she will allow breeding, so keep good records of everything you note regarding dates of first bloody discharge, how much discharge is occurring, how much swelling of the vulva is noticed, and the 's attitude and temperament. And here's an important note: You should mark the day you first see any discharge "day one"... however, you may have missed a few light flow days. In these cases, what you are calling "day one" may really be day three, four or five! So, when do you bring the male to her for breeding? Do not wait until the tenth day; bring the male to her a few days ahead of time because if she's ready you better breed her now! She will let you know if your timing is right by her willingness or unwillingness to stand for the male. If she's ready, regardless of what number day it is, she will crook her tail off to one side, stand in front of the male, and even back into the male. Just because we think she should breed on a certain day has no influence on her hormonal levels. Try to get the and stud together a number of days and times earlier than that tenth day of bloody discharge. Another good guideline as to when to breed is that often the discharge will turn from a dark, bloody color to a more lighter, almost tan color.

Whelping and Breeding Dogs... Tips for Breeders from ThePetCenter.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Behavoir of Mini Daschund? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a mini daschund female, she's 9 weeks old and she humps on my house shoe( a tiger). I think it's too soon for her to be going into heat! When does these dogs go into heat ( 4 months, 6 months, 8mths?) and how will I know that it's about to happen or happening? Then What do I do? This is...

Mini daschund weight [ 1 Answers ]

What is the weight range of an adult mini daschund? Is five to six pounds too small? What are the warnings on double dapple dogs?

Mini daschund knee [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old Mini and I hear her knees crack like she has a knuckle crack sound when she is running around. Has anyone had this issue before? Any help would be great... thanks

Mini Daschund Having Seizures [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old male, mini daschund who has recently started having seizures. I'm not familiar with the breed and actually didn't acquire him until he was 4 yrs and from a stranger so I don't know his history. Are seizures a common medical condition for this breed?

Mini daschund pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how long a mini daschund pregnancy lasts? I think my mini might have gotten pregnant on her last heat?

View more questions Search