Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherloveless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Misuse of visitation
    I live in western New York in Chautauqua
    County. I have two boys with a jerk. I have full custody of both, but I only have set visitation arrangements with my youngest boy. The visitation is supposed to be every other weekend Friday at 5 pm till Sunday at 6 pm with his father. Now on several occasions including this weekend he told me to come pick him up because he had something to do but he wanted him back to finish his weekend visitation. I feel I shouldn't have to give him back, he gave him back to me, so therefore I feel like he has voided the remaining time for this weekend. Am I right, is there a law stating I am correct?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 02:12 PM
    He is suppose to spend his time WITH the kids. Tell him that if that is too much for him to handle then he should reconsider wanting visitations. If he has plans tell him to choose before or after the plans but you are not a chauffeur for his convenience.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
    The question is really what would the court say if he complained that you were violating the visitation agreement. As long as you adhere to the letter of the agreement you can give more if you want.

So, if he returns the child early but wants him back to complete the scheduled visitation, and you refuse would a judge say you were violating the agreement. In my opinion, I would say no.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 04:10 PM
    I agree with Scott... if the father ends his visitation early he couldn't say you violated the order because actually it was him who violated it by not exercising his ordered visitation time.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherloveless
    I live in western New York in Chautauqua
    County. I have two boys with a jerk. I have full custody of both, but I only have set visitation arrangements with my youngest boy. The visitation is supposed to be every other weekend Friday at 5 pm till Sunday at 6 pm with his father. Now on several occasions including this weekend he told me to come pick him up because he had something to do but he wanted him back to finish his weekend visitation. I feel I shouldn't have to give him back, he gave him back to me, so therefore I feel like he has voided the remaining time for this weekend. Am I right, is there a law stating I am correct?
    Is any of this court ordered or is this just a verbal agreement ? Maybe its time for a change. Put it in writing that his time is ( whatever you 2 agree on ) and if he needs to do something like be on call for a job then he must realize that returning the child / children means exactly that and if he just needs to step out to meet an obligation then he needs to hire a babysitter or find some way to keep the child till his visitation has ended.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Every other weekend Friday at 5 pm till Sunday at 6 pm with his father sounds like court order. Just about every docket I typed said weekend Friday at 5 pm till Sunday at 6 pm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adderall misuse [ 2 Answers ]

Adderall misuse effects?

Router`s in misuse [ 1 Answers ]

One of my client is using the wireless connection. He is using westell versalink. He is not able to connect through the wirless connection, however the same laptok {vista} is able to recognise the neighbour`s connection.:confused:

Misuse of POA regarding Foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

Three years ago, an 83 yo mother went to live with her youngest daughter due to dementia. At that time, the daughter had a POA and Service Agreement drawn up. They lived in a rental apartment until one year ago. The daughter purchased a house for $432K with zero down. The mother's name and...

501c3 Misuse of Funds [ 1 Answers ]

Is it consider a misuse of funding if a 501c3 uses funds out of a general fund for an engineer survey that should have been paid for with funds from a capital campaign? People are solicited for funds and informed their donations are going towards the care of the animals in every plea. There is...

Credit Card misuse ? [ 4 Answers ]

I hope I can explain this situation clearly enough to be understood. Mrs A submits a credit card application for herself with her daughter listed as an authorized user. Credit card is issued in the name of Mrs A's deceased husband with daughter listed as an authorized user. Authorized daughter...

View more questions Search