Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lsohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Heritage ceiling fan light stopped working
    I took down the fan to fix a wobble (was coming loose from ceiling) and now the light dies not work. The fan blades run but the light does not work. I replaced the pull chain switch and have checked the wire connections twice put still no light. Any other ideas would be appreciated as I cannot even find a customer support phone # for "Heritage" :(
    Thanks!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Heritage fans are crap.

Can someone move this to Electrical/Lighting?

You either have a loose connection, or did not hook it back up correctly. See:

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

And

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

For the wobbling, see:

Ceiling fan blade balancing issues - Ceiling Fans N More
    Lousy Golfer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Two Heritage ceiling fans have stopped working. They are getting electricity because I can feel a slight vibration (in the bases). And after awhile the bases become warm/hot.
    Thermal lockout of some kind?
    Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:28 PM

Do the blades spin freely by hand?

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Ceiling fan remote stopped working [ 50 Answers ]

I moved into our house about 1.5 years ago. In one room there is a Hampton Bay ceiling fan which has a remote control. A few weeks ago the whole device stopped working, meaning we can't get either the fan or the light to turn on. We replaced the battery in the remote control, and checked the...

Ceiling light stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Last night I turned on the ceiling light in the hallway and it made a popping noise, with a small blue flash at the light, exactly like when a light bulb has just burned out. There are three bulbs in the light fixture and after that none would come on. I changed all three bulbs and the...

Hampton Bay fan/light stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday the fan and light stopped working from the remote. The fan works on high speed only at the wall switches (2) and will operate with either wall switch (or both) in the "ON" position. I have changed battery (9v) and also re-toggled the switches in the remote. Unit does not have any pull...

Ceiling Fan suddenly stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan that stop working. It is only about 1 1/2 years old. It won't turn on by the remote or light switch. What should I do?

View more questions Search