Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supergeek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 12:17 PM
    How to Market Only to Businesses?
    Hello,

I own a one year old electrical contracting business. We don't do any residential work, only commercial, industrial, and public works type projects. I would like some suggestions on marketing exclusively to businesses. I've found that advertising in the yellow pages, or online on sites such as CraigsList brings in a lot of time-consuming calls and emails from homeowners (nothing against homeowners, it's just not our specialty).
    I'm involved with our local chamber of commerce, but many of the members there are small and work from their homes. I'm trying to find a way to target commercial property managers and general contractors that also do mostly commercial work. Thanks in advance for any advice!

V.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
    I'm not at work (public library) right now, but there has to be a directory for your type of business in your area. Call the reference department at your public library and ask your question. The library will have something called The Encyclopedia of Associations. Contact the appropriate associations to find out how their members advertise.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 04:54 PM
    I'd say place: We do only commercial, industrial, and public works type projects. We do not do any residential work. in the ad.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Advertise in trade publications, and use salesmen that calls on local business and other industry you wish to target.
    supergeek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the help! I'll get started Monday morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small market vs. Large market [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between small market teams vs. large market teams? What makes a team a large market team or a small market team? I thought it had to do with revenue the team brought it from ticket sales but I was not sure.

My Businesses [ 1 Answers ]

I do computer repair, or a game system repair, auto repair, off-road vehicle repair, etc... *** advertising information has been deleted. Father Chuck

Businesses for sale [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a good website for cheap businesses for sale. With businesses for sale on the Gold Coast (QLD AUSTRALIA) if you do please reply

Uisng other businesses to market my salon [ 3 Answers ]

My new hair & Nail salon has been open since Nov 2006 and given that we are not yet in the Yellow Pages, I need effective, creative ways ( that don't cost the earth) to get clients thru' the door post-Christmas. One local retailer has offered to put my salon flyers in its customer bags. Would I...

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

View more questions Search