Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotdog90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Wisdom teeth stitches
    Hi I just got my wisdom teeth out two days ago and I feel a little flap above the extraction site. It doesn't hurt or anything I just have no idea what it is. I have a feeling it is my stitches but how exactly do you know that? What does the stitches feel like when it is time for it to disappear?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 01:03 PM
    It could be the stitches dissolving. THat's what I felt. Most of the dissolved stitches you'll have to pull out yourself... just because the knot doesn't dissolve. Try your best not mess with it with your tongue. If nothing else go back to your dentist or oral surgeon and have them take it out for you.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 02:42 PM
    What you feel is probably the suture (stitch). If they are the dissolving type it will take 7-10 days for them to disappear. This gives the surgical site a chance to heal properly. Don't go pulling at it. If it's really annoying go back to your dentist to see if he can trim it.
    daya78 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 11:58 AM
    It may be the suture... don't pull it.. you can consult your dentist if it troubles you..
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 12:07 PM
    I really think that the OP really only needs one person telling them the same thing. In this case the second comment stating the same as the first was okay, because the second came from a dental expert...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Five wisdom teeth. [ 8 Answers ]

So, I've needed my wisdom teeth out for a little while now. I have five wisdome teeth but none of them have erupted yet. My face swells up sometimes and I can't eat.. they cause a lot of pain. Not all the time though. They just act up at times. I've lost my insurance now and the dentist had told me...

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Wisdom teeth removal and stitches [ 5 Answers ]

I had two of my wisdom teeth removed on the 13th of this month and they put a stitch in each socket now the lower stitch has gone but the top one is still flapping about up there. My question is how much longer will it still be there its soluble and I'm still swilling with salt water but its...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search