Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Will someone who curses, go to heaven?
    There is another thread asking a similar question - Will someone who is Gay to to heaven.
    I would think that actual answer is truly up to God and that specific person.

But why stop there?

* Are drunk drivers going to heaven?

* Are people who tell untruths going to heaven?

* Are people who demonstrate and show anger, going to heaven?

* Are people who judge others in a way to hurt not help, are they going to heaven?

Of all the Gay people that I know, every one of them suffer with some sort of sadness because they are not what society thinks they should be or they are told they will burn in hell.

And one last one

* Are people who make other people feel so bad about themselves for the sake of hurting not helping, will they need a high SPF of sunscreen??

I have always been taught, that WE are all sinners and need to repent our sins to Our Father and ask for forgiveness. It is then, that I have been taught the gates of heaven will allow access.

Amen!!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
    If they deny God then that would be the reason they would not make it to heaven.
    If they do not deny God then they should be open to changing their ways.
    The Bible says to repent which means to have a change of heart.
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Yes, if they deny God, of course heaven will not be theirs.

ALL people need to change their ways. We ALL are a work in progress. God knows the suffering the Gay community (some in the community) has suffered, the heartache, the suicides, all of it, and I bet it hurts His heart.

I think people rather break bread with a bank robber or thief, then someone who fell in love with another human. I once read where a gay person said, why in God's name would I choose to be something that most of society hates?

I am not saying being Gay is right or wrong, frankly I don't think there is a choice. But there is with the bank robber and so on.

I have not meant one unkind Gay person EVER. Hmmmm that says an awful lot.

Bless them and the pain they must feel.

Liars to me are far harder to contend with, because it is so hard to have that trust regained.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 11:07 AM
    The Reformer Martin Luther had a term for this, simul iustus et piccator, "at the same time saint and sinner" -- "being in a relationship of merciful justice with God through Jesus, and at the same time being human prone to brokenness living in a very broken world."

Let's not judge. God will work out the details.
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    The Reformer Martin Luther had a term for this, simul iustus et piccator, "at the same time saint and sinner" -- "being in a relationship of merciful justice with God through Jesus, and at the same time being human prone to brokenness living in a very broken world."

Oh Girl, say that again!! May I borrow that for my signature!? I will understand if not, but that says it all!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 11:50 AM
    I think everybody has to go to heaven whether they like it or not. For intolerant, arrogant, selfish, and small-minded people, it will be hell.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    I have always been taught, that WE are all sinners and need to repent our sins to Our Father and ask for forgiveness. It is then, that I have been taught the gates of heaven will allow access.
    Amen!!!!!
    Yes those that have accepted Christ will be saved.
    The part about what you said, we are all sinners, we need to REPENT, of our sins, that is the problem so many have, they don't want to turn from their sins, many don't even want to admit what they are doing is a sin
    Esp many drunks
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Oh Girl, say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!! May I borrow that for my signature!!!!!??? I will understand if not, but that says it all!
    Which part? Luther's is public domain, and the longer quote I stole from a blog and should have given it credit. (I hide my head in shame.)
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Hi Fr. Chuck (Great to see you)

I guess I get upset when it's seems the light is shined forever on the Gay community. We don't know the cause? Just like alcohol and drug additiction, again, we don't know the cause.

I am not saying that everyone or even anyone gets a free pass. Because, we know they don't.

We must accept Jesus as our saviour prior to passing from this life and on to the next in order to enter into God's loving and waiting arms. That is what I believe.

This may be so stereotypical, but here it goes... have you ever noticed how talented a large population of the gay community is? Why is that? And who gave them those gifts?

I guess I am hung up on it, because two people fall in love, live good lives and are made to feel by some, that they are unworthy to feel and be loved.

Yet, I am skip down the street - I smoked, there were times my wine glass was too full,
    I demonstrated selfishness of wanting more then I already have... and on and on and on.

But Father you are right, we MUST ask for forgiveness of our sins, and atone for those sins and that is why I do believe in purgatory.

It just hurts me to my heart that good loving people (this is general - not to anyone) are made to feel so awful. And why?

Perhaps it is indeed a chemical thing.

Does my way of believing coincide with anyone else's out there?
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl

"being in a relationship of merciful justice with God through Jesus, and at the same time being human prone to brokenness living in a very broken world."

Amen to that!! WG
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 12:17 PM
    "being in a relationship of merciful justice with God through Jesus, and at the same time being human prone to brokenness living in a very broken world."

Amen to that!!! WG
    I found that on this blog of an advocate for the disabled (Jay, who "experiences and questions from a postmodern Lutheran queer aspie genderqueer transguy insulin-pumping Trekker geek academic allergic vegetarian white 3rd-wave-feminist...who aspires to be a Disabled Advocate, photographer, pastor, Anti-Oppression, and power-sharer"):

Simul Iustus Et Peccator
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
    WG,

That sounds like all of us. Doesn't it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
    As humans we are prone to sin, nobody is perfect. It's what you do after you've sinned that counts. Are you truly repentful or just saying words that don't mean anything in order to procure a place in Heaven? If you are truly repentful then God knows, as he knows that we are human. He made us in his image, therefore he must love us enough to forgive us our sins and allow us into paradise. That's what I believe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does heaven look like [ 100 Answers ]

How could I describe heaven and what it looks like?

How do you (think you) get to heaven? [ 31 Answers ]

Just curious on the general publics opinion as far as how you get to heaven. Please be more detailed than the general 'being a good person' :D Thanks

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

What is heaven? [ 8 Answers ]

I have my own ideas of what I think heaven is but I've always wanted to ask church officials and people who have read, or herd, the bible if they can explain what heaven is according to the bible?

Heaven [ 1 Answers ]

According to the Bible, in Heaven the saints will praise God for all his glory forever and ever. This does not sound like my idea of Heaven!! Standing around singing God's praises for the rest of eternity sounds, in fact, like nothing more than a super-big ego trip for God. If that is so, then...

View more questions Search