Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3rdgradeteacher Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Mar 22, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Stylex home a prefab?
    Found some wall stickers behind a linen closet shelf in my home.
    Obviously put there by the Stylex Homes Inc. of Scottsville, NY with a model #48105.

Went online and found they filed Chap 11 in 1998 and were absorbed by Cytation.

I just need to know if I have a double wide here, or the type of construction of pre-fab,
    And/or anything about the structure, safety, quality, longevity, and any problems or issues I should be aware of in this building that I thought was a stick built, standard construction.

It is on a foundation. :) But I have had a wiring problem that needed repaired.

Thanks much.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Since on many of the prefab there is no difference between those made off site and put together on site and those just built on site.

Why would the type make any difference in the electrical issue you have having
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Also where are you located at, since I find that company name with companies all over the US, found at least 5 before I got tired of looking up that name, all in home construction
    3rdgradeteacher Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Mar 22, 2008, 04:29 PM
    I think today, prefabs are not very different, but my house sticker has a date of 1978.
    And my question was two part.
    I want to know how it was built, and I want to know if there
    Are problems with that type of home. (please reread)
    It is on a foundation, which I thought someone might ask, when making a determination of its construction method.
    I mentioned the wiring because during electrical problems I found my lines in the heating ductwork.
    I thought I might draw out someone with past experience buying or owning a
    Similar home to get some insight. Thanks for your interest though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install a shower base not a prefab [ 3 Answers ]

How do you install a shower base from scratch. I do not want to use a prefab base. Then will put glass doors on all sides and tile the back.

Replacing PreFab Shower with Custom [ 2 Answers ]

What are things to consider when replacing a fiberglass shower and putting in tile and new fixtures? Appears from prior posts, that the custom pan is the trickiest part. What are the main materials or recommended approaches to a custom shower pan?

Question on install of basement shower, tiled walls, prefab base [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in the process of installing a 36in sq shower in my basement. Please let me know if this process is correct: 1) frame out surround, 2x4s, spaced 36in for base to fit, drain and plumbing run 2) put shower base (w/ drain installed) down onto concrete (do I need to put some mortar or anything...

Prefab shower base for basement [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! Totally new at this... help! Tore out old free standing shower unit in basement. It was tied into the concrete drain with a simple 2' pvc pipe. I'm replacing it soon, but newer styles have "fins" or reinforcements on bottom of base which means I need to build a platform. I'm really not...

View more questions Search