Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twrozz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Cement block shower
    My parents house, built in 1956, has a basement shower made of cement blocks with a cement floor. Can I tile over the walls and what's the best solution for the cement floor that's deteriorating.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 07:58 AM
    You can apply ceramic or porcelein tile over both the floor and the block, use unmodified thinset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting cement block shower [ 3 Answers ]

How do I clean and repaint a cement block shower that is used daily. It has mildew And the paint is chipping off. Also, what kind of paint should I use. Thank you.

Shower on cement floor [ 5 Answers ]

I want to add a shower to our basement, the plumbing is not there. How do I put the shower plumbing in? Do I have to cut into the main pipe for the shower? Do I have to cut into the cement, or can the plumbing be installed above the cement? Thanks

Cement board on walls behind a shower? [ 3 Answers ]

We are installing a shower stall, the instructions state to glue the shower walls to a moisture resistant wall. Can cement board be used for this? If so, what kind of glue should be used?

Cement Shower Base [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We are installing a cement shower base for our shower stall... we have a lead base pan already and are trying to figure out how to pitch the cement to the drain and how high it should be the shower stall will also have ceramic tile for the base as well... question advise step by step solution...

Trim attached to cement block [ 2 Answers ]

I have to attach some baseboard and window jamb extensions to a house with cement block walls. These are my options as I see them: 1. glue the trim to the block with construction adhesive, like PL200 or 400. 2. try to nail the trim, using concrete nails (only for trim that will be painted, so...

View more questions Search