Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    el hefe Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 05:13 PM
    No auto fan in heat mode
    Have a carrier outdoor package unit A/C and electric heat. Recently changed from the carrier programmable to a standard heat/cool stat. original stat had a light that would indicate when the filter needed changed, assume this was the blue wire that we did not connect when installing the new standard stat. r-red, w-heat, g-green fan, y- cool and capped the blue. Unit heats but will not blow in auto mode, fan runs in on mode and also runs properly in auto when in cooling mode... entire system operated correctly prior to changing t stat... any help on what's wrong?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 05:26 PM
    There is a fan control switch located in the outside unit. It could be a thermo disc or a time delay. When the unit heats up outside this part tells the unit to turn on the blower. Post model of thermostat and the brand name and I will check on the thermostat possibilities.

Mar 21, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Thank you. We are trying to install a Honeywell CT31 non programmable... the carrier unit outside is a model 50ZP-036---311 with a serial of 1799G42426

Mar 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
    We have let the unit run in heat mode for up to 3 minutes with no fan response in auto mode, in on mode it blows HOT air... the t-stat instructions stat that if used with an electric furnace set the adj. lever to .3 but of course this made no difference, the fan sill will not operate... we are presently re-installing the original Carrier programmable to see if the unit will still operate properly with the original stat

Mar 21, 2008, 06:20 PM
    This unit is probably 30 yrs old on a dbl wide in Florida that my father is working on, I'm in Maryland trying to assist him over the phone... Thanks for your help

Mar 21, 2008, 06:43 PM
    With the original Carrier t-stat now re-installed the unit operates properly in heat and A/C mode... evidently our Honeywell is incompatible... suggestions?

Mar 21, 2008, 08:39 PM
    From what I read here

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli.../69-1809EF.pdf

You might have the wrong stat.

Mar 22, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Any suggestion on what make/model t-stat will work/ Thanks!

Mar 22, 2008, 05:48 AM
    You need one that will work with electric heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower won't come on in auto mode. Heat only [ 2 Answers ]

Carrier 48SB-030080301 1990 model nat gas. On a/c mode works fine. Heat- burner lites but blower will not come on at all unless on manual. I changed the J2 jumper on thermostat from hg to he to see if I could get by for a while and its been working for about a month now. Other than blast of cool...

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Fan runs forever when in heat mode but not in ac mode [ 2 Answers ]

Great web site and concept!! I have a York forced air gas furnace that has a Honeywell Fan Limit switch. The unit works great in the summer. The ac and the fan shut off correctly. However, in the winter the heat will reach its temp setting and turn off but the blower continues forever. I have...

Furnace fan not starting in Auto mode [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Concord Gas Furnace with Carrier Central A/C. Today I found out that the blower is not starting whenever A/C kicks in. It doesn't auto start for heat either. Tried setting Fan in Always ON mode and still doesn't start. However if I turn off Heat/Cool and leave the Fan in Always ON...

Heat won't come on in auto mode error from diagnostic panel flashing 3 times [ 2 Answers ]

In January 2006 I had a new furnace installed ( a coleman gas furnace Model # BGAA070BDTBJ) and this ran fine throughout the rest of that winter. Early in the summer our thermostat went out and I installed a new Hunter thermostat # 42999 and I hooked it up as shown in the directions and it worked...

View more questions Search