Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lange435 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Garage door opener
    The sending eye on one of my garage doors doesn't light up. The receiving eye does stay lit however. I checked the wiring and nothing is bad... so it seems anyway. I don't understand why the receiving light is on but not the sending eye light. Of course the door will not go down. I also tried holding in the button on the wall to make the door go down to no avail. Does this make any sense. Normally if the eyes weren't alighned the sending light would be on not the receiving light.. someone help... thanks chris
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Visually inspect wire from sender to operator(every inch). Or unit may be bad.
    If sender is not working, receiving will think path is blocked and will refuse to let you close, some will allow you to hold button down to close, may need to turn of power once closed. You should have a release that you could pull to allow door to close manually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Garage Door opener [ 2 Answers ]

My car windows roll down every time I park my car in the garage. The car does not have this problem anywhere else. It is running down my battery and I just had to get a new car battery. Does anyone know what could be causing this? It did not use to do it. :)

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

View more questions Search