Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marshmellowpuff Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Marfans syndrome
    Hey what is Marfans syndrome and who does it effect? Because I was told recently I might have it.
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Mar 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
    What I learned from biology is that it's a condition which causes abnormal growth in a person causing them to be extremely tall with defective connective tissue and probable heart problems... :(
    And I think it effects both men and women equally, it's an autosomal dominant genetic disorder which means the alleles must be AA or Aa for this 1 gene to cause this trait... normal means the gene is recessive or aa
    marshmellowpuff Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I'm 6'1 (14 girl) and I suffer from irregular heartbeats also I'm scarily bendy. Does this mean my life is over?
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Mar 21, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I'm certainly not qualified to make any type of diagnosis or suggestion about anyone's health, I would suggest however that you talk to your parents about your concerns and maybe read some information online but don't jump to any conclusions until you've seen a doctor!
    Best wishes and try not to worry yourself :)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmellowpuff
    I'm 6'1 (14 girl) and I suffer from irregular heartbeats also i'm scarily bendy. Does this mean my life is over?
    I have a heart murmur so don't worry about it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Degeorge Syndrome [ 30 Answers ]

My daughter has partial degeorge syndrome she now 13. This I know is rare. If anyone has a child who has it I would love to hear from them.

Tourette's Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

My father and I have Tourette's so I can only assume it's a genetic thing. The only good thing about it our syndrome is that it's not anything violent. Just a series of annoying tics and gestures and whatnot. Whether it be blinking, moving my ears, expanding my nostrils, raising my eyebrows, it...

Cushings syndrome [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently had cortisol level come back too high, so doctor ordered a 24 hour urine cortisol test that came back at 390 which is a bit out of the normal range, I have all symptoms of Cushings, such as middle obesity, irregular periods, Male pattern hair growth, milk production (never...

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

Nesting Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so as many of you know I am 23 weeks pregnant with my third child, this pregnancy has had a lot of ups and downs (bleeding about five times during the first trimester, now placentia previa in the second) I can only imagine what the third trimester will bring. But, I thought I would take a few...

View more questions Search