Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mysy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Keyboard won't turn computer on when in stand by mode
    Hi,
    I added a new keyboard called an eclipse to my emachine. When I put the computer into standby mode and go to turn it back on... it won't do it. Instead I have to push the tower button and then it says "NO VGA SIGNAL". The computer turns on... but am wondering why keyboard won't do it?

Thanks for Any Advise,
    Mysy :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Have you tried rebooting the machine since you installed the keyboard?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Does the keyboard come with an installation disc
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 23, 2008, 07:23 PM
    No need for installation disks keyboards don't need 'em, they only come with them for features like media controls, fingerprint readers, scroll wheels...
    Simple solution:

Go to: control panel[classic view]>keyboard>hardware

Double click on your keyboard (in the list), now go to the last tab (power options or something) and make sure the box "allow this device to bring my computer out of standby" is checked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Q - Blower Does Not Turn ON in FAN Auto Mode [ 10 Answers ]

I just installed a NOMA 7-day programmable thermostat for an electric furnace/AC system (ceiling unit). I believe the wiring (5-wire) is correct. When I set it to COOL with Fan set to AUTO, it turns on the A/C and the fan automatically. Good. But when I set it to HEAT with Fan set to AUTO,...

I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here's the background. My wife's PC (identical to my own, and running on Windows XP)was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error. So, I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones. I don't know if...

Keyboard use freezes computer [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: I'm sick and tired of using my on screen keyboard. Please help! If I press any keyboard button or sound button on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop it freezes the computer up. Before Windows starts I can use the keyboard because I'm able to get into the set up and all, but not after windows has...

Keeping internet on while computer is in standby mode [ 5 Answers ]

I need to keep my internet on for a long time and I would like to save power during this time. So whenever I put my computer in standby mode, my internet gets disconnected. How can keep my internet on while the computer is on standby mode?

Computer Keyboard Shortcuts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know where I can print a list of the shortcuts for the number keyboard, eg: alt+64 gives you @ and alt+63 gives you a? Is there somewhere that I can print out all of the short cuts, as I am currently working with a French keyboard, and need to know where all of these...

View more questions Search